Chapter 32: Nightmare

Alright y'all, we are entering the Marauders' fifth year and Y/n's fourth. Buckle up because it's about to get real crazy.

It was the same as every summer ending. He dropped me off without a word and I boarded the train. I immediately found the compartment Severus and I normally sat in and took a seat, hoping Severus would join me soon. I rested my head against the window and allowed my eyes to close. It was only a few moments later that the compartment door opened and Severus took a seat next to me.

I felt a hand on my arm before I quickly jumped up, pulling my wand from my robes and pointing it at Severus. He quickly backed away, holding his hands in the air.

"Hey, it's only me, Y/n," he soothed. My eyes focused on his and I slowly lowered my wand.

"Sorry... I didn't know it was you," I replied, softly.

"C-can I hug you?" he asked, slowly lowering his hands. Tears filled my eyes as I saw the hurt in his eyes. I quickly moved toward him, closing the small distance between us, and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my face into his chest. His body relaxed and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Is everything alright, Y/n? D-did I do something wrong?" he asked me, softly. Guilt rushed through my body and I held him tighter.

"No, Severus. You did absolutely nothing wrong. Sorry... I was having a nightmare and I guess it just came out on you when I didn't know who it was. I'm so sorry," I said, burying my face in his chest.

"You're sure you're alright?" his smooth voice asked me as he rubbed circles into my back with his thumb and forefinger, soothing away my fear.

"I promise, Sev. Everything is alright," I assured him.

We pulled away from the hug and took a seat, waiting for Lily to join us, though we didn't know whether or not she would.

A few moments later, the compartment door opened and Lily stepped inside, pulling her fiery-red hair into a ponytail. Severus and I smiled as Lily took a seat and the train departed King's Cross Station. I was finally going home.