Chapter 16: Apologize

I was walking through the corridor, Severus by my side as I heard my name being called.

"Y/n! Severus! Wait up!" It was Lily. She ran to catch up to me and Severus. "I haven't seen you two in ages!" she exclaimed. Severus scoffed and glared at her. I had never seen him like this with Lily. He always seemed to admire her and here he was... scoffing at her.

"Yeah, we haven't seen much of you either," he replied, bitterly.

"Don't be like that, Severus. I've just been busy."

"Busy with James," Severus spit. Lily looked down.

"It's not like that, Severus. He is an arrogant asshole but we are both in Gryffindor, so... sometimes we just hang out."

"Y/n is in Gryffindor too and she still makes time for me," he replied bitterly. Lily didn't reply. She simply looked away and I tried to change the subject.

"So... what's up, Lily?"

"I just miss you guys."

"We miss you too. I'm sorry, I just... I can't forgive James and Sirius for trying to kill Severus that easily.

"No one is asking you to," she replied, softly.

"Then what did you come over here to talk about?" At my words, Lily looked away.

"I just miss us, Y/n... all of us. Can you at least talk to them with me?"

"I thought James was an arrogant asshole," I replied, laughing.

"Oh, he is... but he kinda makes me laugh, sometimes."

I huffed, starting to walk away with Severus, before Lily stepped in front of us.

"Please... just eat dinner with us. Give them a chance to explain and apologize... they feel really bad."

"They should."

"Please, Y/n. Just let them apologize. If you want nothing to do with them after they apologize, I'll let it go, but... you deserve an apology. If not for them... do it for you. You deserve the apology, Y/n."

"It's not me they owe an apology to," I spat as I tried to move past her, but she blocked my path.

"Y/n, please."

"Fine. I will speak with them, but only so I can make them apologize to Severus. That is the only way I will even consider speaking with them again." Lily nodded and a smile spread across her face as she pulled me in for a hug. She quickly walked away toward her class as Severus turned to me.

"You don't have to talk to them, you know? You don't owe them anything."

"No... but they owe you an apology."

"I don't want you putting yourself in an uncomfortable situation just so you can get me an apology. I don't need it... not if it means you have to talk to them."

"It's fine, Sev. I don't mind talking to them. I kinda want to hear their bull crap excuse anyway." Severus smiled and the two of us walked to class together.

Dinner approached much sooner than I wished and Severus and I walked into the Great Hall. We stood in the doorway as he turned to me.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked me, placing a hand on my cheek.

"Yes, it's fine... I'll be fine" I reassured him before I pulled away and walked to the Gryffindor table.

"Y/n!" Remus said, excitedly, as he stood up to pull me into a hug. James, Sirius, Peter, and Lily turned to face me, smiles spreading across their faces as Remus gestured for me to take a seat.