Chapter 65: My Girl

The rest of the night passed in a sea of food, music, dancing, and Rodolphus making way too many jokes, particularly about Severus and I. Suddenly a slow song came on and I could see Rodolphus grinning from across the room as he pulled Bellatrix to the floor.

"May I have this dance, Miss Y/l/n?" Severus asked, holding out his hand toward me.

"Of course, Mr. Snape." I gladly took his hand and he led me toward the dance floor, his hand wrapping around my waist. His body moved fluidly to the music as he led us around the dance floor.

"You're quite the dancer, Miss Y/l/n," Severus said as his eyes flicked back and forth between my eyes and my lips.

"As are you, Mr. Snape. Wherever did you learn how to dance like this?"

He chuckled as he brought one hand up to my cheek, gently rubbing it before speaking.

"I have my ways, darling," he replied. I felt the butterflies in my stomach erupting and my heart fluttered as the song came to an end and he bowed. I chuckled before pulling his body back to mine, pressing my chest against his. A song I recognized all too well began playing. Severus smirked as the song filled his ears, swirling around the room.

I've got sunshine

On a cloudy day

When it's cold outside

I've got the month of may

I could feel all eyes in the room on Severus and I as we swayed back and forth, the tune a bit more upbeat than the previous song.

"You look beautiful, darling," he said as he spun me.

"Don't lie, Severus," I chuckled, looking down. "I've been in a stuffy courtroom for half the day. I probably look like a mess."

"A beautiful mess," he replied, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

What can make me feel this way?

Severus leaned closer to me, his lips brushing my ear as he hummed to the tune of the song before singing in my ear. "My girl," his silky voice sang in my ear. I felt a shiver run down my back as he pressed his lips to my cheek before pulling away.

"Hmm... so you can dance and you can sing? What else are you hiding, Mr. Snape?" I asked him, a small smirk on my face as my hands moved up his neck, resting in his hair.

"I guess you'll just have to find out," he replied, chuckling at my flustered expression. Once again, he brought his lips to my ear, humming to the tune of the song before singing the chorus. "My girl... talking about my girl." His lips left a trail of soft kisses along my jaw before hovering over my lips.

"Shhh!" I heard Lucius whisper from the corner of the room. Severus pulled back slightly, huffing in annoyance as he turned toward the voice. Lucius, Bella, and Narcissa were standing in the corner of the room, champagne glasses in hand as they watched Severus and I, large smiles on their faces.

"Damnit, Lucius!" Bella shrieked. "Your loud 'shhh' interrupted them! They were just getting to the good part!"

"Shut it, Bella! You're the one who couldn't keep her laughter under control," Lucius responded.

"Shut it, you two!" Narcissa scolded, slapping them both on the arm. I turned to face Severus, laughing as I noticed how red his face had become. He cleared his throat, stumbling over his words.

"Uhm... I-... we should..." He trailed off, becoming more flustered as all eyes in the room were currently on us.

"They want a show, Sev," I said, my laughter filling the room as he gave me a curious look. "I mean... you might as well finish what you started." I could see Severus growing more and more confused before I stood on my tip toes, crashing my lips to his. He gasped into my mouth before kissing me back, his hands gripping my waist tightly. I felt my knees grow weak as one of his hands traveled to the back of my neck, tangling in my hair as he moaned into my mouth. We pulled away, breathing heavily as several people around the room started clapping and cheering. Severus's face was getting redder by the minute, though I could see a small smile on his face. His hand was still in my hair and his fingers moved slowly, twirling my hair around his fingers.