46

The Kages soon arrived and settled down in their seats. They were followed by their bodyguards and assistants, except Neko aka Rin because she received some important mission which would keep her away from the whole meeting and would miss out the drama that was about to occur that day.

The Kages could feel the tension looming in the air. Tsunade was avoiding the glares which were given by the Tsuchikage. Nagato felt everyone's  eyes on the Ame shinobis. The Mizukage was staring at the Sanbi Jinchchiriki, Yukimaru.

There was a murmur in the assembly among the bodyguards until Mifune marched into the Summit assisted by the Samurais. He held a katana in his hands.

Sitting down on the chair, Mifune looked around and sighed at the tension looming in the air.

"Let the meeting commence. As per the tradition, the bodyguards are requested to leave the meeting room. The only exception is Chojuro who is both a bodyguard and assistant of the Mizukage. But he must seal his sword in the sealing scroll." Mifune declared in a stern manner.

After the orders were followed by the ninjas, Mifune looked around.

Tsunade had Jiraiya as her assistant while the others left the room.

Mei had Chojuro, who sealed his sword in his sealing scroll.

Ay had Mabui as his assistant.

Kankuro left the room after consulting Gaara leaving him with Temari.

Ohnoki ordered Akatsuchi to leave and Kurotsuchi to stay.

Nagato ordered Yukimaru to leave while asking Konan to stay there as his assistant.

"The Land of Iron has always liked to prevent siding with the other the nations during the battle. So keep in mind that we will remain neutral regarding the village internal affairs unless taken to extreme. So now let the Summit commence. First topic will be regarding the deaths of the Daimyos." Mifune said.

"The Daimyos died quite mysteriously. Didn't they?" Nagato asked. 

"Yes. And the fault lies in you and your pesky little organisation.  " The Tsuchikage retorted. 

"I hate to admit it but I hated the Daimyos for repeatedly asking us to declare wars. I am sure that the people who organized the system must be rolling in their graves." Ay boldly declared. 

"Indeed. The Hidden Sand barely managed to save itself from being extinct throught the orders of the Wind Daimyos. If we hadn't discovered the letter in time, we may not be able to come and meet you at all." 

"Kazekage dono. Can you please elaborate what exactly happened?" Mei asked. 

"Well, Mizukage Dono. The Daimyo and the other villages were filled with greed and wanted to get the wealth of the Hidden Sand which we got throught the trade and taxes. As you know, the Hidden Sand contains most of the wealth in the Wind Country. Besides that, the Hidden Sand was becoming more powerful that it reached to such an extent that it almost suppressed the Daimyo. To prevent us from becoming powerful, the Daimyo ordered an attack on the Sand Village. But before the he could even send the letters to minor villages in Wind like Village hidden in Cactus, the massacre of his family took place. I think that we could have become the second Uzushiogakure if not for the massacre or hadn't we found the letters." Gaara said. 

"Well. That was interesting. won't you agree Mifune Dono?" Tsunade said. 

"Yes. I agree. The Daimyos of the 5 elemental nations had too much power than it was originally prescribed. Like for instance, they normally had no permission to declare a war on other or their own villages. But somehow they managed to bypass that too. I am glad that the Daimyos are dead. If anyone who feels to disagree with me, please feel free to raise." Mifune called in a vote in an indirect manner.