18

With Naruto

"Obito, now tell me what we should do?" Naruto asked Obito.

Obito just shook his head and said "I don't know, Naruto. A lot has happened a few days ago. I think that Pain will not give us a mission for a few days."

"I don't understand him. Why does he think that we don't need to do any missions for a few days after completing a certain mission? Why doesn't he understand that we don't get tired even after dealing with a strong enemy?"

"Bec-" Obito never got to complete his sentence as a voice cackled in their communication seal which the members used to communicate with each other.

"Tobi. Silent Blonde. Return to the Amegakure right now." Pain's voice rang out in the air.

"Why? What's wrong? Is everything alright?" Naruto asked.

"Naruto, Jiraiya will soon infiltrate the village. I want you to deal with him. Is that understood?'

"Yes. But why me?" Naruto asked not wanting to kill the Pervert.

"Because, you are the closest one to him. He still believes that you are still dead. There is a lot of chances that he will be reluctant to fight against you once he knows your identity. After all, you are always saying that you would want to meet him before he dies. To make him see that you are alive. You are also loyal to our cause as you are always willing to kill someone who threatens to defy us. Not to mention that both of you are not doing any missions right now. So I need you to come here to Amegakure."

"H-hai pain sama." Naruto said with a heavy heart ( metaphorically). He didn't want to fight against the one who taught him one of the strongest jutsu aka Rasengan.

Obito placed his hand on Naruto's back. A tear ran down from Naruto's blue eyes. He sighed and looked at Obito.

"Obito, let's go to Amegakure."

"At least I will be able to meet him one last time before he dies." Naruto thought before walking back to Amegakure.

Konohagakure

Sasuke and the other members of The team sent to deal with the Sanbi were sent to an emergency mission while they were in the middle of their return to Konoha.

(A/N: You already know what I am talking about? Eh? Well, if you don't, I am talking about the the Utakata arc. But unfortunately, there will be bo chapter to deal with the arc since it has no relation to my story.)

Right now, Tsunade was sitting on her chair in her office, staring at Jiriya.

"Jiraiya, I don't want you to go to Amegakure. Why can't I send someone else?"

"Why are you so worried, Tsunade? I remember you saying that Idiots never die." Jiraiya said with an annoying grin sporting on his face.

"No, its just..... I don't want to lose someone close to me. Dan, Nawaki, Orochimaru and N-Naruto are all but gone. I failed to protect them each time. Please don't go, Jiraiya. You are the only one close to me who has not died yet." Tsunade fought back her tears.

"Ha ha ha. You will cry for me when I die. I am so happy." Jiraiya said with the same annoying grin.

Tsunade just stayed silent as Jiraiya continued to talk.

"Tsunade, do you remember the old times when I said that I loved you, you always left a lump on my head. But I never gave up. I kept chasing you, declaring my love for you. Hell, I was satisfied when I saw that you are happy with your loved one, Dan Kato. I still remember when I came to you asking when you will have children and I got a punch in my head and a kick from a donkey." Jiraiya laughed and was happy to see Tsunade smilling at him.