41

Amegakure

The stormy winds lashed against the cloak, the rainwater drenching the clothes completely. There were two figures walking across the paved streets of Amegakure.  

"I don't know if you have noticed it, but the rain is becoming heavier and heavier by each passing day. And the wind, don't even mention about mention about it." Obito said as he walked with Naruto. 

"I agree with you, Obito."  Naruto said.

"Naruto sama." A voice came from behind. 

Turning around they saw that it was Kabuto Yakushi. They realised that the man had changed completely. No. Not the mental state but I am talking about the physical state of the white haired ninja. 

The Medic Ninja now wore the Akatsuki cloak and a small ring around his finger. He had a paler shade of skin which seemed to have some scales. He also covered one of his eyes with a piece of cloth. 

"Ah Kabuto! Its been a long time. Isn't it? So what's  all this get up about? Trying to replicate The Copy Ninja? Or something happened to your eye?" Obito said in a cheerful manner which seemed to startle Kabuto Yakushi. 

"Oh! It was an experiment I carried out after you left me in Amegakure. You see, just after you left the village, I obtained some cells of Orochimaru and after fiddling it for sometime, I finally got these eyes. I DID IT." Kabuto shouted out of joy as Naruto was confused what the hell was going on.

"Ah! So you did it. Huh?! And what about the reanimation technique?" Obito asked with a smirk.

"I am still trying to figure out how to do it. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with." Kabuto refrained himself from Pouting.

"But at least, you are progressing positively. Isn't that right?"

"Indeed, the progress is positive, yet it is minimal without any sacrifice of a living being which Naruto sama has forbidden me to do so." 

"Well, I actually have something for you to help with that. Zetsu, I know you are there. Come out." Naruto finally spoke for the first time

Immediately, a white creature with aloe vera plants came out from the grounds. It was White Zetsu. He was tricked by Naruto and Obito into participating in the destruction of the Akatsuki. It did not take even a minute for Zetsu to agree with them as he lacked a brain. 

"This is White Zetsu. He can create a millions of required clones for you to allow you to experiment without any remorse. And one more thing, the clones are completely solid, unlike the standard clone. " Naruto filled in with Kabuto nodding. 

"And can you explain why are going to need the edo tensei." Naruto asked. 

"Didn't you say to me that you will declare a war against the elemental nations? We are going to need an army for that besides the Zetsu army which Zetsu has been creating for the last five months. We will need experienced people to fight for the war, but we don't have any besides you, Kabuto, Karin, Suigetsu, Juugo and me. So I had to order the creation of Edo-Tensei in order to prevent ourselves from fighting by moving all around all over the nations. Besides, it will prove to be a test to check if this generation has become capable to suppress the older generation." Obito said as he finished his explanation for his order to Kabuto. 

"Hmm, that's not a bad idea. To use the older generation to test the future generation. It will also show that if they are emotionally strong to be able to fight against their long lost loved ones. If they are not strong enough, they will refuse to fight." Naruto said with Obito nodding at him.