"Coming phuppi."

She followed Aafia to the kitchen with her breathe getting uneven and body slightly shivering as if she entered the war field.

"Aunty can I help in anything?"

"I believe that even if I ask you to wash dishes you'll make my son do that as you yourself can't."

Yazan's Mom smilingly said, Aafia laughed at her words causing Sayba glare in return before she travelled her gaze to her MIL.

"Then don't ask me that. Hehe."
Sayba giggled.

"Then leave this kitchen dear."

"At least ask me to set the glasses and plates. I can do that myself."
Sayba proudly grinned.

"Bring plates from the showcase, from the right side, okay?

"But...the plates are over there!"
Sayba pointed her finger to a table set beside the sink.

"Allah! I see them. We'll use the other ones today. Go now."

Sayba immediately exited the kitchen and ran to the corridor.
Bringing out 8 plates from it's place, she held them securely in her hands and made her way back.

"Be careful Sayba, my brother gifted m..."

Just when she heard the first two words from her MIL as she entered the kitchen, instead of holding the plates more carefully, she felt them slipping down from her hands and all at once they fell on the floor with a big thud.

Sayba heard her heart screaming louder than the plates in fear. She looked up at her MIL feeling dizzy.

"What......have you done!"

"They...collapsed.."

Her vision blurred as she began losing her consciousness.

"What happened Mom.....SAYBA!"

Yazan abruptly ran to catch her unconscious body in his arms before she could fall on the floor.

"What Was The Need To Bring All Of Them At Once!"

Yazan's Mom yelled stomping on her feet with her gaze helplessly staring at all the broken pieces of the plates.

"Ohh....mmm...it's...ok Mom..She must have..."

"Don't take her side in everything Yazan! They were the most precious to me, I told her to be careful!"

Yazan didn't even pay attention to her words as he picked his wife up in bridal style and ran to the hall.

He laid her on a couch and grabbed the jug of water from the side table.
"Mom, please, it was a mistake. Don't make that face."

"Yazan she broke them all and you're...."

"Your daughters break hundred of more important things.
She fainted! Have mercy please."

Saying, Yazan splashed water over her face, softly caressing her cheeks to wake her up.
"Sayba.....get up..."

"She doesn't even know to cook, what will she feed you all your life?"

Universe Of Hearts✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें