37

His tone was the same as in the past, even softer but Kapok just felt cold as if she was standing in front of a cobra.

And they are the prey in his eyes.

There was a stalemate for a few seconds. Before Lin Muan moved slightly, Kapok grabbed his hand and walked forward for half a step blocking him in a protective posture.

She raised her head and looked at Lin Heng fearlessly.

"You are wrong, he still has me."

"There is an old chinese saying that distant relatives are inferior to close neighbors, relatives like you, don't worry." The calm tone carries a firmness that cannot be ignored and the fair and delicate face is inexplicable. People can't move their eyes.

Lin Heng stared at her interestingly and looked at her.

Lin Muan lowered his eyes. Looked at the top of the furry head in front of him and pulled her back silently with his hands firmly.

Then stepped forward, blocking most of Kapok's body.

He raised his eyes and stared at the face that somewhat similar to himself and said in a cold tone.

"Lin Heng, don't mess with me."

"Some things can be missed once or a second time."

Lin Muan finished speaking, no longer looking at him then pulling Kapok and walking towards the school. His steps were hurried and his face was gloomy.

He didn't slow down until he crossed the school gate and made sure that his back disappeared in front of Lin Heng but he didn't let go of his hands.

At this time, the preparation bell has been rangand the students have returned to the classroomand a few rushing figures can be vaguely seen in the distance.

There was no one on the tree-lined road and Kapok was left to him.

"Are you okay..."

"You are not allowed to see him in the future." Two voices sounded at the same time and Kapok paused, looking at him in a bit of astonishment.

Lin Muan hid his expression and spoke calmly again.

"Not allowed to see him in the future."

Those dark eyes were bottomless. Kapok lowered her eyes and whispered.

"It's not that I see him, it's that he is coming to see me..."

"So in the future, no, leave me half a step!"

Lin Muan spoke almost every word then stared at her and asked,"Did you understand?!"

His face was terrifying and Kapok had never seen him like this. Perhaps because she was used to his gentle and harmless appearance.

Kapok lowered her eyes and said softly.

"Okay." Even if he didn't say it, Kapok didn't dare to leave him half a step during this period.

The two returned to the days when they went to school together, went home and ate together.

It's just that Lin Muan has become more dependent on her and sometimes he doesn't hide it at all when others are present at school.

"This carrot is so horrible..."

There was a loud voice in the canteen. He bit the carrot shreds on the plate and mumbled complaints. Kapok was quietly holding the vegetable without saying a word.

"It's not half as delicious as you did."

"Shut up." Kapok scolded lightly and after looking around, everyone was doing their own things and she quietly breathed a sigh of relief.

Unexpectedly, his eyes met those black eyes. Looking at her watery, Lin Muan's eyes were aggrieved and even the chewing movement stopped.

"Open your mouth", Kapok sandwiched a piece of ribs and brought it to his lips, raising her brows lightly.

Lin Muan opened his mouth obediently and bit it in. His cheeks bulged slightly, his eyes rounded. His face suddenly soft and the corners of his mouth slightly cocked.

Loves to have a temper, like to be awkward, but it's not good to be eccentric. Kapok shook her head helplessly but her lips couldn't help laughing.

During the period of An Ling's death, he became more and more insecure.

When this person sleeps, he always curls up and wraps himself tightly. In light sleep, he will wake up immediately after a little noise. Only when he is holding Kapok will he feel a little more stable.

Kapok can't bear him like this.

So the two fell asleep again.

There were moments when they hugged and fell asleep and there were moments of wiping the gun and getting out of the fire. But in the end it was ended with the sound of water in the bathroom.

During this period, Kapok almost spoiled him.

Change tricks to cook his favorite dishes, play games with him, teach him homework and coax him to sleep.

In school, he was obedient. As long as it was not too excessive, Kapok followed him and even changed seats at the same table with him in class.

Of course with the exception of Li Yuan's class, Kapok is not so courageous.

Time passed day by day. On June 18th, early in the morning, the golden sunrise shrouded the world with a hazy brilliance through the mist and everything was as usual.

Kapok made breakfast and watched Lin Muan walk out. The black hair on his forehead was slightly damp and the skin was tender enough to pinch water and the big eyes underneath shone with dim sleepiness.

"Morning," Kapok smiled at him very tenderly.

Lin Muan was taken aback for a moment and then replied blankly, "Morning."