Chapter 84

"Does he like you?" Jungkook asked her straight as soon as the doors of elevator closed. There was a hint of displeasure in his words.

Lisa's scalp went numb as she was brought down to earth after hearing his question. Involuntarily she squeezed her fingers and not a single expression could be squeezed out of her stiff face.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed in dissatisfaction at her silence. "Is he?" he asked again, this time his voice was laced with danger.

Lisa pinched her forefinger with her thumb and middle finger and squeezed out a smile. "He is my sister's husband, you've been to their wedding too," she reminded him.

"So?" Jungkook asked arrogantly, "does it mean that he can't chase his wife's sister?"

She was stunned at his response.

"How is that possible?" she asked with genuine disbelief, "he is married to Jennie. She is beautiful and very popular." She paused, still looking at the floor, she is now more accepting of it than she was before, she chuckled, "..and I am, I am just me."

When she looked at Jungkook to share the joke of it, she found that he was looking at her seriously as if he didn't see the joke.

"She is so ugly, how can he like her ignoring you?" he snorted derisively.

Her eyes widened slightly and she burst out laughing.

Ah! Who had eyes and tastes as eccentric as Jeon Jungkook?

But, an unknown part of her mind felt liberated and she felt much lighter than she ever did in the last couple of years.

"It is impossible," she reassured him.

Jungkook paused when he saw her laugh. Although she said it was impossible, the way Taehyung King reacted was as if he encountered an enemy.

His pupils constricted. Even if she said that it was impossible, that person's reaction was very suspicious.

Lisa saw that he was still looking at her suspiciously and her heart skipped a beat in fright. What will he do if he found out that she once liked Taehyung?

She remembered how butler Yoo cautioned her about Jungkook's personality and how she shouldn't let him know about her past romantic affairs.

She pulled her lips into a self deprecatory smile and said, "Jungkook, it really is not possible for the person to like me. Really."

The doors opened and she looked straight at him and waited until he got off to follow him into their apartment.

Jungkook looked at her behavior and let the topic go, but he stored today's meeting in his subconscious. If the man ever tried to encroach on his territory, he will let him know the cost of riling the Jeon Jungkook.

As soon as they entered into the apartment, a maid came to take their coats. And his sight was once again riveted to the girl in the school uniform.

Lisa saw his gaze and immediately ran into the bedroom, quickly locking it after her.

Through the door, she could faintly hear him saying something.

She stopped her steps and cocked an ear to hear what he was saying.

"....let me appreciate it for a while."

"......"

Appreciate what?

This dress?

"......"

Men!