Chapter 77

The weekend arrived quickly.

Early Saturday morning, Lisa scuttled around getting ready. The click clack of her heels on the floor woke up a bleary eyed Jungkook who looked at her in confusion.

"What are you doing getting ready so early in the morning?" he mumbled into his pillow.

She paused as she was turning the cap of the lip balm. Did he already forget?

"I have to be at the Cuisine class in half an hour."

"Oh." And he fell asleep again without another word.

Jungkook stayed in his study into the early morning working on a new software he developed and did not get even 3 hours of sleep.

She picked up a small booklet in which she noted some questions about the preparation of few dishes and shoved it into her bag.

She was not interested in impressing Jungkook's parents with her cooking, actually she thought that such a scenario was quite impossible, but she was someone who liked cooking. She found it cathartic.

So, she decided to make the most of the experience. After all, one way or other, the outcome won't change.

She already prepared a couple of simple breakfast dishes for Jungkook and left for her class with the guards.

________

When Jungkook woke up, it was well past noon. And the first thing he registered was the sounds emanating from his stomach with persistence.

Since living with Lisa, he ate regularly without any complaints about the food, and now the hunger missing his breakfast became more noticeable.

Scowling at his stomach producing those weird noises and hunger pangs, he quickly went through bath and entered the kitchen in a bad mood.

He knew that Lisa was out for her class and won't return for another hour. That means that he had to eat the garbage that the kitchen people make for him. Just thinking about him made him frown deeper.

Two maids made quick trips and in few minutes few dishes were laid before him. One particularly pretty maid came forward and served him few dishes after looking at his reaction.

The master looked so fierce without Miss Lisa, the maid could only cry in her heart.

Jungkook played with his food for a bit not eating immediately. His stomach gurgled once again and he steeled himself and put the food in his mouth.

"....."

This taste...

He looked at the maid standing by the table.

The maid saw his look and hurriedly explained, "That, Miss Lisa already prepared food for you in the morning in case you woke and were hungry."

A small corner of Jungkook's heart squeezed with pleasure. The scowl on his face immediately vanished and without another word he polished off everything on his plates without a word.

The maids serving him breathed a sigh of relief in their hearts. Most of them used to work for Jungkook at the mansion and have experience their master's violent temper at the dining table.

But since they were moved to Hannam, everyone noticed how much different their master was. And almost everyone understood the reason for this change. Miss Lisa Kim.

In the beginning when Miss Lisa was kept at the mansion, everyone thought that this pure and innocent looking miss was doomed to meet a bad ending in their master's hand. But who knew that master would have a change of heart and keep this woman so close to him.