1

*Kapok = Mu Mian (Mian Mian)

The rain was dripping down, hitting the umbrella on top of the kapok head, making a muffled knocking sound. Wearing white transparent rain boots, she stepped on a pool of stagnant water and shuttled through the school's boulevard.

The weather at seven o'clock in the morning was dark and gloomy as if the end was coming.

When I arrived in the classroom, there were already three or two people sitting sparsely inside. Kapok shook the rain on the umbrella surface, bent down and took off the transparent rain boots on his feet, and stepped on the clean and soft white cloth shoes underneath and walked in.

With the lights on in the classroom, the two ends of the old lamp tubes have been blacked out, with black cobwebs stuck to them, which is not very bright.

Kapok walked in through the back door and paused at the corner of the room. Then she carefully identified her seat, sat down quietly, opened her schoolbag and took out the English textbook, put it on the table and turned to the last page of words, her eyes stopped on it. But Gu Zi was in a daze.

When it was almost eight o'clock, the classroom gradually increased, and there was a little noise in the ears, Kapok frowned slightly, her eyes looked at the door intentionally or unintentionally.

At eight o'clock, the man appeared.

That is a very beautiful boy.

White and delicate face, jet-black straight eyebrows, eyes like peach blossoms, long and curly eyelashes, straight nose, and pink and beautiful lips like rose petals.

When he smiled it will be so beautiful. The tails of his eyes will slightly cocked, they would bend like a crescent and gleaming, as if they were filled with starlight where people couldn't help but want to fall.

But before that, he had never laughed.

Kapok has only seen it once, and it was the last time.

He walked into the classroom, carrying a canvas bag on one shoulder. It was a little old, the color was washed white, and the body was a little thin, but very tall and straight. He walked to the corner of the last row before stopping and pulling away the chair.

When he stuffed his shoulder bag into the desk, he froze for a while, feel something  inside then leaned over and took it out. It was a carton of milk and a piece of bread inside the desk. Kapok frowned when she saw him took the milk and bread and throw it in the trash can behind him without hesitation.

Fuck.

Kapok sweared in her heart.

At 8:05, the preparation bell rang, and he began to sleep on his seat, his entire face buried in his arms, only the shaggy top of his head could be seen, dark and messy, as if he had just gotten up from the bed.

To others, it is sloppy, but to her it is extremely sexy.

Because he is Lin Muan.

When the bell rang after class, he moved, raised his head lazily, stood up, and walked to the door. Kapok knew that he would go to the small shop downstairs to buy breakfast.

She closed the textbook in front of her, picked up the umbrella hanging on the corner of the table, and followed.

The two were not far apart in tandem. When they walked downstairs, the sky was still dark and the rain was lingering. Lin Muan glanced indifferently, and then speeded up and rushed into the rain.

The black hair quickly wetted a layer and stuck together. The back looked a little pitiful. Kapok opened the umbrella and ran over immediately. When she came to his side, she moved her hand to the top of his head.

He was obviously taken aback. When he looked at his sideways, there was a hint of doubt in his dark eyes. Kapok looked back indifferently, looking a little greedily.

There was a lot of rain on that fair face, and the pale pink lips were a little paler than before, and there was a cyan under his eyes, but it didn't affect his beauty at all. On the contrary, it was a little bit more.

Kapok smiled and said calmly, "I also want to go to the small shop, and stop by."

"Unnecessary."

Lin Muan finished speaking blankly, turning his head without reluctance, and rushed into the rain. Kapok lowered her head and stared at the foot. The white cloth shoes had been soaked by the rain at the moment, and the uppers were stained with stains, making them particularly harsh.

 She was too anxious to come out just now and forgot to put on rain boot covers.

When the bell rang for the second class, Kapok saw Lin Mu'an. He was holding bread in one hand and drinking milk, exactly the same as the one she had placed on his desk in the morning.

He only likes to eat this flavor of bread and drink this brand of pure milk.

In the next few classes, he went to sleep again. When class was about to end at noon, he should have had enough sleep. He leaned back on the chair and looked out the window with indifferent eyes. Between his white and slender fingers, he unconsciously turned. Only ballpoint pen.

A few fingers flexibly rotated, and the ballpoint pen flew up and down between his fingers, which was very beautiful.

The class bell rang, and the boring classroom immediately became lively. The students walked to the cafeteria in groups. Xu Jing walked over and asked her to eat together. Kapok responded and quickly packed up the things on the table. Get up and take her hand and walk out together.

The rain hasn't stopped, it is falling thinly, the air is extremely humid, and the sky is dark. The spring rain is like this. It has been a few days after the first rise, and the whole body seems to be full of moldy, which makes people extremely boring.

Kapok dislikes rainy days very much.

But he seems to like it very much.

The two of them were holding the same umbrella and walking very intimately arm in arm. The road was extremely slippery. Xu Jing carefully paid attention to the puddles under her feet. Kapok groaned a little and spoke very naturally.

"Xu Jing..."

"Huh?" She looked at her feet intently, and answered without raising her head.

"I like Lin Mu'an."

"Ah--" She raised her head suddenly, a trace of panic flashed in her eyes, then she smiled unnaturally, and raised her hand to pull the broken hair on her cheek behind her ear. Kapok likes to watch her do this action, it will give people a very gentle feeling and make her a kind of dependence on her sister.

"He looks so good-looking, it's normal for you to like him..."

Xu Jing smiled softly. From this moment on, she had never spoken about the unknown love, which was deeply buried in her heart.

Mianmian likes him too.

Can't let her know.

Kapok looked at those dimmed eyes, but peace of mind came up. She embraced Xu Jing tightly and rubbed her shoulders like a baby, which was really nice.

After eating, Kapok went to the off-campus supermarket to buy an umbrella. She was a day student and could enter and exit the school at noon. When she returned to the classroom, many people were already taking a nap, but Lin Muan was not there.

He usually smokes on the roof of the teaching building after eating.

Kapok stuffed the newly bought umbrella into his desk. What was different in the morning was that many people beside him saw this scene, including Xu Jing not far away.

Kapok blinked at her and smiled.

Xu Jing raised the corners of her mouth, as gentle as usual, with a trace of loss in her eyes.

When it was almost half past one, Lin Muan came back. He lay down on the table and began to sleep, his shoulders rising and falling slightly, Kapok smiled lightly, rubbing his face against the school uniform fabric underneath, and then fell asleep peacefully.

In the afternoon, the shrill class bell rang, and at the same time, a bang came from behind. Many people turned their heads in surprise. Kapok rubbed their faces and looked over, sleepy eyes. The black umbrella she bought at noon showed the perfect parabola angle and fell into the trash can precisely.

「......」

Lin Muan greeted everyone's sights, blankly took out the textbooks for this lesson, and opened them.

Eyewitnesses at noon shifted their sights to Kapok.

Kapok expressionlessly took out the textbook for this lesson and opened it.

After two classes in the afternoon, with a 20-minute break in between, Kapok walked quickly to the gate of the school and had a good deal with the doorman before letting her slip out. When she came back, she was carrying a small white bag in her hand, well-behaved. Thanks to the uncle and the guard.

"Thank you, uncle, you see, I really just go out for a while, and I will definitely be able to come back before class."

He waved helplessly: "Don't be like this next time."

"Okay." She smiled very sweetly.

A few minutes before class, the classroom was full.

Kapok walked straight to Lin Mu'an's seat, put the things in her hand in front of him, her tone was flat, her voice was clear and crisp at this age, but with a hint of her characteristic softness, it was particularly pleasant to speak softly.

"The weather forecast says it will rain this week. Since you lost the umbrella I bought for you, you should keep these cold medicines. You should use them soon."

Lin Muan stared at her solemnly, without a trace of emotion in his dark eyes. He seemed to pursed his lips impatiently, but in the end he said nothing. The two faced each other for a few seconds before Kapok turned and left.

For a long time, there was a sound of heavy objects falling into the trash can from behind.

Kapok curled up her mouth quietly.

In the afternoon, school is over, and there are three evenings for self-study. The boarding students go to the cafeteria to eat. The day students are free to choose not to go to self-study. Kapok packed her schoolbag and said goodbye to Xu Jing at the table.

"Xu Jing, I will leave first, I will bring you what you want to eat tomorrow morning."

The breakfast in the school cafeteria will always only consist of steamed buns, steamed buns and vermicelli, but outside there are countless delicacies such as rice noodles, bean curd, scallion pancakes, steamed dumplings and so on.

"Mianmian..." She hesitated to speak, she should have witnessed the scene in the afternoon, and she was a little worried.

"Huh?" Kapok pretended not to know anything.

"It's okay, you don't have to bring me breakfast tomorrow." She smiled reluctantly.

Kapok's heart was slightly sour, she stretched out her hand and took her hand, softly comforting: "Quiet, don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

"But..." She stopped talking, but now she is a second year in high school. Kapok grades have always been very good. If this goes on, she will inevitably be distracted, and no matter what the final result is, that boy... always teaches people to be hard to resist.

"No but, Xu Jing, you believe me." Kapok stared at her with a solemn tone.

Xu Jing reluctantly let go. Although she is one year older than Kapok, Kapok is very calm at all times. She doesn't talk much, but she often knows exactly what she wants.

Especially today, she is very different from usual, which is more and more obvious.

As if it was originally hidden and didn't want to be known, it was revealed fearlessly.

Kapok was wearing rain boots, holding an umbrella and shuttled across the boulevard, his back was straight and his face was calm. In her ears there is the sound of rain hitting the umbrella surface, dull like an old wall clock, one and a half, playing the funeral of death.

Today is the first day of her rebirth.

There are ninety-eight days before Lin Muan committed suicide.

---

Sister Naja: Tell this sister what do you think of this first chapter?

I know no Chinese at all and I'm only editing a little word here and there, also the subject that is somehow always on reverse. I hope it can help you to understand better :)