60. Rage, Hurt, & Terror

Tristan POV:

I was in the middle of an important meeting, when I got a phone call from my mansion.

I would have declined and continued on with the meeting, but it was from the employees I put in charge to ensure Alina's safety and health. That made me worry.

"My apologies, I have to take this. Continue on." I told them and got up from the head chair, leaving the meeting room and going straight to my office.

The moment I shut the door, I answered the call. "What is wrong?" I immediately asked.

"Sir, Mrs. Ardsten went to go check up on Miss. Alina a few minutes ago and she couldn't locate her. We checked the entire mansion for her, but we can't find her." Ryan said quickly.

Hearing that, I immediately started to get worried. "Are you sure she isn't hiding somewhere? Have you checked everywhere?" I asked him.

After a minute of silence, he responded. "Yes, Sir. We have checked the entire mansion. She is no where."

"I am on my way back. Check every security camera and video footage there is. Find her." I said.

"Yes, Sir." He immediately said, and I cut the call.

I called in my assistant and told him to cancel the meeting, scheduling it for some other time this week.

Once I got that settled, I grabbed my coat and the keys to my car, and left. It took me ten to fifteen minutes to make it back.

The moment I entered the gates, I shut the car off and rushed into the estate, going straight up to the stairs.

I walked inside her room and found her presence nowhere to be found. The entire room was clean and looked completely untouched.

The bed was neat and had no memory of her touch. But my eyes went to the huge white folded piece of paper on the bed.

It was for me and Claire. I skipped out the entire part of Claire, and went straight to the part that was labeled under my name.

I read and re-read the entire letter from the start of my name over and over again. That's when I realized that she hadn't been abducted again. She had left on her own.

She left me. She couldn't even give me a proper goodbye. But she could leave me like this.

I could only ask myself why she would do it. I tried to make sense of the part she brought up about Amber and Preston, but I didn't understand it. I didn't understand her.

If she was trying to tell me something, she could have told me. But why did she have to leave so suddenly? I couldn't make sense of the entire situation.

I tried to put every single piece together, but I couldn't. No matter how much I tried to make it make sense, there was no way because it didn't. And it wouldn't ever make sense to me.

I asked myself what she meant when she said that she was not really sick. I asked myself what she meant when she stated they felt like a burden on me and she didn't want to add to that. What did that all mean? How could I understand her when she was speaking gibberish? She wasn't making any sense.

All I could feel was pure rage and hurt. When I came back to this mansion, I expected to pull her body close and kiss her forehead, telling her how much I missed her today and that I wanted to do something fun.

But no. This was definitely a surprise, but I didn't like it at all. I hated it. I couldn't ever hate her, but I felt a strong emotion in me I haven't felt for years.

When I got back to reality, I immediately called Ryan. He showed me the footage of her leaving with a suitcase.

I narrowed my eyes at the sight of her leaving here. She was leaving me. And despite those tears I could see falling from her face, she made this choice. I had no part in it.