57. The lake | Doctor's visit

Alina POV:

I was sitting on a bench in the middle of a beautiful lake with a garden field around me.

The day was a pretty blue and the sun was shining brightly everywhere. I was smiling so happily as I sat there and watched two little kids run around by the lake.

Then I looked down to find myself holding a baby of my own, looking up at me and giggling for some reason.

I instantly laughed and brought the baby up to my chest, holding him tightly while I rocked him to sleep, a bottle of milk in my hand.

My attention was brought back to the two little children when I saw a man come into view. His back was to me but he seemed very much familIar, causing my heart to beat fast in my chest.

He wrapped his long arms around both of them on either side and picked them up, swinging them in the air while they were laughing.

I smiled to myself. When he put them down, he tickled them till they were both on the ground in a fit of laughter and screaming out happily. He then stopped and kissed their forehead, before leaving them and coming into our direction.

The moment I saw his face clearly, my smile got bigger and brighter. He came towards us and wrapped his arm around me, cautious not to disturb the baby.

He kissed my lips and smiled at me, before looking down at the baby boy in my arms, sucking on his bottle and his eyes closed.

Tristan caressed his small brown curls and the glint of fulfillment in his eyes. He looked back up at me and smiled. "What was this little munchkin doing today?" He asked me.

"The usual....having fun in his own way." I looked down at him and smiled at his beautiful baby face. He looked no less than an angel in my arms.

"Thank you so much for fulfilling my life with this beautiful family." He kissed my hand, where a beautiful golden diamond ring rested on my marriage finger.

"No need to thank me, husband....but you're very much welcome, my love. You fulfilled me as well, giving me a huge family full of lovely surprises each day." I smiled.

"No need to thank me either....but you're very much welcome, my beautiful wife." He smiled back.

I looked at him with furrowed brows. "Now what happened to you're nickname for me, kooky was it?" I asked him, making him chuckle lightly.

"Ah...my beautiful kooky. Better?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I love you...so so much." I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

He smiled. "Words can't even start to describe how much I love you. My love for you is infinity and beyond."

I laughed, but my heart was on the verge of exploding by now. Oh, how sweet he was.

"Mines too." I said back with a smile. He suddenly brought my lips to his, and showed every fiber of his love in the kiss.

******************I woke up all hot and sweaty. My eyes searched every corner of the room in a frantic movement.

Once I realized I was in the same room and in the same bed I was in when I fell asleep, I sighed heavily.

I was relieved to find that there was no Amberleigh or Preston. There wasn't any Tristan. And lastly, there wasn't any baby in my arms.

'It was only in my head. It wasn't real. It was only a dream.' I said to myself.

I removed the duvet from my body and slowly got up from the bed.