Chapter 17: Drink her Away

Tristan Pov:

Her pleas of me leaving her were irking me but at the same time, something in me felt guilty. Why the hell I would feel guilty because of a shattered and weak girl like her?

Alina was undeniably beautiful and any guy would lurk over her, trying to get her but she is seriously affecting my persona and she doesn't even know it.

Any other person who was to beg me for mercy upon them, I wouldn't have thought twice before going on with whatever I had planned for them. I couldn't believe I, Tristan Turner, had given her mercy.

Not that I would have done anything to her as far as force anything on her, I wasn't that type of person at all. Everything I do with women, they were equally as giving as I was.

I walked out of the room, and went back into my own room. Ruffling my hair with my hands, I sat on the bed and wondered if I was going crazy in any way?

My phone rang with an incoming call from Vincent, I picked up my phone and answered the call.

"You've finished your business?" I asked him the moment I answered.

"Something like that, right now i'm not in Colorado. We can meet back up and finish discussing when you get back from the appearance in London for your new launch." Vince announced.

"That's fine....did you get at least something new?" I asked.

"Not really, just another file on the Maddox guy, I'll share the information with you when we meet again. It's nothing important, just some extra details and all."

I held the phone tighter, my eyes gazing around the room.. "Everything about them are important to know when your enemy is right around the corner, waiting to do damage. I do not want any piece of information on them hidden..they're business is now mines," I deepened my tone and I'm sure he understood this well.

"Duly noted," He replied straightforward.

"Good, I will be ending the call now," I said before hanging up and placing my phone back on the table in the room.

My appearance for my new company launch was coming up soon, this week to be precise. I was to leave in the next 2 days but I have not said a thing to Alina yet.

Part of me wants to bring her, while the other part wants to leave her here. I somehow had a feeling she would try something, and I couldn't risk that at any cost.

I should resent her because of her brother, to some extent I do, and then another piece of me is affected and bothered by her causing me to feel things that made me feel less than I was.

The rest of the day, I busied myself with work and alone time. I didn't go to check up on her or look at her that day. This routine started to become daily, as we would barely encounter each other.

I knew she was a little happy that I was leaving her alone, and it made me want to bother her even for no reason at all, but something in me stopped that.

I decided not to take her with me after all. I would be gone for no longer than a week or less, and I knew she would care less about my absence. I could imagine her now, enjoying my leave as much as she could in her circumstances.

A foregin feeling inside me that I hated, started to form as I thought of that. Her presence around me is unsettling for some reason, maybe her absence around me is what I need to see things clearly. Everytime I'm around her, it feels like I'm blurred or blinded by her in some weird ass way.

Before I left, I made sure every staff and employee that worked for me understood not to let her out of their sight, not even for one moment. I also got a few new cameras installed in the home. This was mostly to make sure she didn't try and escape, but I felt like watching her every second.