38. Try again or fail Completely

Alina Pov:

For four days straight, I didn't leave this room unless necessary. I got my food brought up to me, and I stayed in here for the last four days without seeing Tristan even once.

I was glad he caught on, that I didn't want to have anything to do with him and left me alone. I needed the space away from him.

I tried my hardest to do everything I could possibly do to keep my mind from wandering off to that kiss. But it always falls back to that night.

Without counting in the small argument we had over dinner and the kiss he gave me, everything was perfect for me. At those very moments I felt like everything in my life wasn't fucked up, but when he went over his boundary with me, I couldn't sit back and just let him take advantage of the small respect I was growing for him.

Not that I didn't enjoy the kiss. Somewhere deep down, I knew I did. Though I didn't want to enjoy it. It felt like a sin to enjoy him. Just as if an angel kissed a devil or any kind of demon that wasn't accepted into heaven.

He had a soft side, but it wasn't real. It was only a way to get me under him in all terms. I made a huge mistake by letting him take me out. I could only blame myself.

'But did you really think or it as a huge mistake?' My subconsciousness voiced in my head.

"Yes, it is purely a mistake and will only be that!" I said to myself as if I tried to convince myself of this.

'Ohhh but Alina, if you cant stop thinking about him, then he has an effect on you that you just can't resist.'

I rolled my eyes at no one in particular and ran my fingers through my hair. "No! He does not. I just can't stop thinking about how much he is a mad stupid man."

'Hmmm....doesn't matter what you're thinking, because in the end, your still thinking about him. Either way, he has an effect on you.'

I groaned out loudly and slapped my forehead angrily. "Just shut up, you lunatic of a mind."

Hopping out of the bed, I went and took a cold shower and put a pair of jeans and a hoodie on. I unlocked the door of my room and went to do something other than hole myself in that room.

I stayed cautious of my surroundings so I didn't accidently bump into someone. I especially didn't want to be caught by Tristan. I wasn't ready to speak with him.

When I took the tour of the mansion with Claire, she showed me wonderful things throughout this entire palace-like place.

I went the south wing and I opened the huge wood double doors. I walked down the left side of the next hallway and took two rights and a left. I stopped just in front of another door.

Opening it, I went inside and instantly smiled when I looked up to find beautiful painted pictures. They looked old but very much elegant. I gently placed my finger on the painting in front of me. It was a woman who seemed to be in her late 40's. It looked more like a photo, but I could see the pencil sketch and color pencils.

The woman had her hair braided beautifully on the side and wore a long gown that resembled the dresses women used to wear in the late 1800's.

I smiled as my eyes found two little kids who sat down on either side of her lap. She stared down at them with love and care as she held them close to her.

My attention was then brought back to the entire picture and at the very end of the bottom right side, I caught a glance of handwriting. It was written in cursive and another language which looked to be Italian. There were only a few words I could make out, though it looked more like a name.