49. Back to New Yrok | The Invitation

Tristan POV:

When I went to the warehouse, I immediately found mysf going to the basement.

When I opened that door, my entire sanity had left clean out the window.

I saw Alina, which eased my heart. But just as fast as I eased in relief, my muscles got tense and I felt like someone was playing with the edges of my heart.

When I saw what was going on, I felt possession for her, regardless if she felt like she belonged to me. I also felt agony, seeing her in such a vulnerable and helpless state, and even more furious at the sight of some man manhandling her and touching her body — which was only mine to touch, when she gave me the permission to do so— unwillingly.

The moment I had pulled my gun out in attempt to intimidate him and get him to leave her, it only made the Situation worse.

I didn't take any chances with Alina's life when I found the man holding her in death grip, with a gun held to her temple.

I didn't want her to see me kill, but I had no other choice. I would jeopardize her life any further.

Without another thought about it, I shot him straight in his forehead.

I expected to see her mortified, at least a little, but she showed no signs of being terrified of what happened. All I could see was the relief of seeing me and being freed from whoever that bastard was.

Her outfit had made me even more furious. It surprised me how I didn't react the way I would if I had seen her in that some other time in this life.

The black lace corset she was wearing caused me dread and agony instead of desire and need. It only reminded me of what someone was attempting to do to her.

I immediately released hands from the polyester bondage cuffs, and wrapped her in my warmth.

Her arms were weak, but she wrapped them around me anyway, with the last of her effort.

I covered her body with my suit and picked her up in my arms in bridal style.

I brought her out of that disgusting warehouse and buckled her up in the passenger seat.

She had asked me where we were going. I wanted to tell her that we could go somewhere where nothing could disturb us. Where life was simple. But I knew that my fantasies wouldn't ever become reality.

I decided to spend on last night at the house I recently bought in Hamburg, but I would most definitely tighten our security. Especially hers.

Without knowing, my mouth moved on its own accord after I noticed she had fallen asleep. I spoke the words I never said to anyone. I didn't feel ashamed or nervous about it, because the truth was the truth.

I knew somewhere that I loved her, but I could own up to it. I didn't find it right to love her, but it happened. How and why? Who knows...

Once the words had came out, I looked over to her and found her eyes still closed. Her eyebrows had creased a little, but her entire face was calm.

I didn't know that she was awake, because after all that happened, I was sure she wanted to get some rest but knowing she would wake up and be safe.

I thought that she couldn't hear me. Regardless of it though, I smiled wholeheartedly as I stared at her.

She was something else. I couldn't pinpoint her sometimes, while other times I could.

All I knew was that I loved her. I felt more pride and great about myself that I admitted it, despite the huge ego I held.