53. Opening up | A sweet kiss | Nausea

Author POV:

Ever since Alina was a little girl, her father always used to fly her out to this one Ice cream parlor named Creamy Havena located in Syracuse, New York.

George always took her there alone when he wasn't busy and when the other siblings weren't around to get jealous.

It was like a sweet sacred place to her that she held dearly in her heart. She was completely in love with Ice cream and the parlor back in Syracuse brought back the best memories she made with her father.

She didn't know why she wanted to go there with Tristan. Of course she wanted the best ice cream and shouted it out. And even though she wondered herself why she would want to take Tristan where she held the remembrance of her father, she didn't take it back.

Tristan drove mostly in silence as he paid attention to the road while driving. They would occasionally give each other glances or hold small talk.

The drive was 4 hours long, making the drive a little weird. Alina rested her head on the glass window and closed her eyes.

"Are we ever going to say anything? I am not sleepy right now. I'm bored." Alina muttered, making Tristan glance at her and chuckle lightly.

"Didn't want you to get bored so easily, I just didn't really know what to say so I kept quiet." He responded, still focusing on the road.

Alina hummed, her eyes still closed. "Well...find something to say until I get my Ice cream."

"Mmmm, I don't really know." Tristan racked his brain for anything to say that would create a conversation.

"Tell me a little about yourself. Not the basics, the deeper you that no one can type on a report."

Alina opened her eyes and looked at him. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean..." He gave her a slight glance. "Don't tell me about what I already know. Don't tell me about your family or where you grew up, tell me about the memories of your family and how you grew up." Tristan explained to her.

Alina's eyes diverted to the window as she felt her eyes moisten and her chest tighten.

"It doesn't even really matter now. Everything in the past should stay in the past." She breathed in.

Tristan understood what she meant by that, but he wanted her to let him in. It was the start of understanding one another, giving trust in one another, and creating a stronger bond between them.

"You don't have to get deep into your past life. Just, tell me a little about the real you."

She inhaled deeply and opened her eyes. "I would prefer not, Tristan. Bringing that life up would only cause me pain. I don't think I can handle that. I can't bear to bring that up and expect everything to be fine with my soul afterwards."

Tristan brought his hand to her and locked them together tightly as he reassured her with a small smile.

"That's fine if you don't. I won't pressurize you to bring back painful memories." He said.

Even with him saying that, she could still see the small disappointment on his face. She stared at him for some moments, deep in thought.

Breathing in deeply, she spoke. "If...I tell you more about my life, would you...do the same?" She asked him.

He immediately inhaled, his jaw clenching tightly. "I don't know about that, Alina...."

She looked down. "You wanted to know about me, that's exactly how I felt. If you want me to let you in, there's no way I could do that if you don't let me in fully. This has to be fair, not odd."