25. The Plan

Tristan Pov:

"Who is she to you anyways?" Alina was a sobbing mess, but still had the boldness to ask me a question that was way past her boundaries.

I tensed the moment she said "she", because I already knew who she was talking about. She's asking who was Amberleigh to me? No one knew the truth about that little girl or her younger brother, it was a family secret and she didn't need to be enlightened on any of the information.

I walked back to where she was and held her jaw tightly and pulled her towards me. My eyes bored deep into her terrored ones, making sure she heard me and understood the next words that came out of my mouth.

"That's none of your fucking business, Alina. Just know that....if I find you talking to her, I will literally have your damn head."

"And just because I'm walking away now....we are far from done. You will understand what it's like to be truly unhappy from now on. You claim I have already made your life a living hell?" I smirked at her. "Then you haven't seen nothing yet..."

I let go of her jaw and walked away, leaving her where she was in the hallway. I didn't look back or need to look back at her to know she was distressed and in pain. For a second, my heart twinged in my chest at the state she was in, but it quickly went away as I remembered what she had done. She deserved it and then some.

Alina had no boundaries when it came to orders, she never follows them. Instead, she breaks them with no remorse until she has to endure her punishment. My heart kept ruling my head, making the decisions, but that was gonna change.

I redirected my thoughts back to the current issue I let off carelessly these past few days. My focus was so wrapped around Alina, I was slowly forgetting the real problem right now. I hated to admit it...but I was becoming too vulnerable, letting too many emotions take over my senses that used to only think about work.

I walked down the halls, to my bedroom and locked the door behind me. I pushed Alina out of my thoughts, and put my focus back on the reminder that I was supposed to get back in touch with Vincent.

My eyes roamed around the room, looking for my cell phone. 'Where did I put it' I asked myself, trying to remember where it is.

Just then, my eyes landed on the large marble table across the room and placed on it was my phone. I took long strides towards it, bending a little to pick it up.

Once I unlocked the phone, I went straight to dialing his phone number. I paused for a second to think. "It's late, so I'll just text him..." I mumbled to myself.

I decided to go with my idea and went to my messages, scrolling through them and finally tapping his contact name, which was saved in as his name. Plain, I know.

Sighing lightly, I began typing my message to him.

Me: Are you busy this week?

It didn't take him that long to reply, or at least not as long as I thought it'd take. A little while after thirty minutes passed, he replied back to me.

Vincent Decuir: Ehi, quindi finalmente hai trovato il tempo di contattarmi, vedo. (Hey, so you finally took the time to contact me, I see.)

His response was written in italian, though it wasn't hard to understand what he said since I learnt the language at an early age. I decided to reply back to him in Italian as well.

Me: Si', l'ho fatto, ma torniamo alla mia domanda. Sei impegnata questa settimana? (Yes, I did, but back to my question. Are you busy this week?)

Vincent Decuir: Sono sempre occupato, ma posso prendermi un po' di tempo per aiutarti con il problema. Che ne dici di domani? Buon per te? (I'm always busy, but I can take some time out to help you with the issue. How about tomorrow? Good for you?)