46. Abducted again - Part 2

Alina POV:

I woke up in the morning with a night full of happy dreams. I had a dream where everything was so perfect, where I was watching movies and eating good snacks while on the couch with Tristan.

Wait....That was real?!

Just then, I looked down to find myself in the same sundress I was in yesterday. So it was real?!

A smile graced my face and I did a little victory dance to the bathroom.

I took my time to bathe and cleanse my body, before walking out to the wardrobe. I picked out a black hoodie and a pair of denim jeans with some flats.

Most of the wardrobe was covered with elegant dresses and business attire for women, including regular clothing. Though, you could still make out how expensive the Jean's and shirts were.

With my addition of clothing that I packed from the other mansion and brought here, it was still much expensive, but a little less formal.

I quickly tied my damp hair up in a high ponytail and left the room to go find Tristan.

My energy was very much alive, my happiness knew no bounds. Something about last night gave me courage to be a little more out of the ordinary.

I kind of expected Tristan to come to my room and wake me up, but he didn't. I was a little disappointed, but I didn't get my hopes too high. After all, it was still Tristan we were talking about.

I looked around the huge place for him, but found Tristan nowhere. I was confused on why I couldn't find him.

Maybe I should check his room? I checked his room and looked around to find everything in place, but no sign of him.

I came out of the room and sighed heavily as I realized he wasn't here. Mabye he left and just forgot to tell me? I thought and stuck with it as I made my way to the dining hall.

Stopping, I found a plate with fresh bacon, eggs, and a homemade breakfast croissant, neatly put together and not at all burnt.

The fresh Aroma of the food, had my mouth watering as I looked at it. Suddenly, a guy with a white coat and denim jeans, came out into view and greeted me.

I furrowed my brows in confusion as I looked at him with a questionable expression settling on my face.

"Uhm...who...are you?" I asked with a somewhat shaky voice. Why was there a mysterious guy here, but Tristan was gone?

He smiled and introduced himself. "Ah-I'm sorry for not introducing myself clearly. I am Brendan, the chef for this week." He said.

Realization dawned on me and my mouth formed into an O, as I stared at him. "Oh..hello." I said back.

"Do you know where Tristan w-went?" I asked him, playing with my fingers.

"I think he went to go work on something. He came to eat breakfast in his suit and left after telling me to make sure you don't eat any of the snacks for breakfast." He joked at the end, making a small smile come onto my face.

"Oh...okay." My worry died down as I heard he had left to go attend to some business of some sort, and would be coming back.

Who knew I'd actually get worried for him? Out of all people? Life surely takes interesting turns, which you never could have predicted would happen.

I sat down and ate in silence and got up with the dish and the dirty utensils I ate with, including the glass.

"Hey." Brendan, the chef, called out. "No need to bother, I can manage." He said.