47. Getting her back - (Part 1)

Tristan POV:

I left and drove the car over almost 5x the speed limit, but I didn't care.

My mind was occupied with the thought of what I witnessed on the video footage.

My entire body was shaking as I sped down the streets carelessly. I couldn't think or feel anything other than the worry of Alina being harmed.

I hated this feeling. It was new for me to feel like this, but I did. I felt this way for her.

I tried to convince myself she is just some infatuation of some sort, but it couldn't be. I could tell it wasn't from the moment my heart panged with pain when I saw her being abducted.

I hated myself for leaving her unprotected. What was I even thinking? I wasn't thinking. And now it's coming back to haunt me.

Alina didn't deserve to suffer for something she didn't do. I knew how strong-willed and confident she could be. But I also knew that she was as fragile and delicate as a flower. Any wrong move or mistake, and one of its petals could break off.

I knew exactly what Leonard wanted. He wanted me to come look for him while he plotted some sick plan in trapping me.

But the thing is, I have no weak points which makes me vulnerable enough to be trapped. Well, up until Alina.

As the attraction I felt grew stronger, my heart grew wider as well. It didn't take long for me to start feeling all fuzzy and warm inside. I realized that the only weak point I have is her. I would do anything for her if she asked me too. All to keep her happy. I didn't want her to hate me forever, for something I didn't do.

I was yet to tell her about the truth with her father, but even if I wanted to, now I couldn't.

I even bet she was contemplating on how much her life was unfortunate. How a person so innocent could be taken twice for something so stupid.

Life was definitely unfortunate. Especially hers.

There was nothing I cared about that moment than the safety of Alina, and to get her back from the clutches she was in. All because of me.

With my mind void of any care about my life, my speed had increased and before I knew it, the car had started to get out of control due to my carelessness.

Just before I crashed into a tree, I stepped on the brakes and turned the car. The car had stopped a few millimeters away from the tree.

I sighed heavily, my heart beat racing. I still didn't care though. I only cared about Alina, and as long as she was in danger, I didn't care about my life.

'How are you going to save her to pester her with cuddles and kisses, if you die due to the fact you weren't being careful?' My subconsciousness said, making me pause and rethink things.

It was true. I shouldn't try to harm myself more than my heart was hurting. After all, I don't want to die before I know she's safe.

Slowly resting my hands back on the steering wheel, I backed up and drove back onto the road — My speed had decreased a little, but I was still over the speed limit.

I was driving around in the middle of who knows where, impatient for any news that shall come to help me find her.

Just as I picked my phone to call my most trusted friend, whom was also my private investigator, I got an incoming call from Cassius, one of my men.

I picked it up instantly and put it on Bluetooth. "Any updates on finding them?" I asked immediately.

"Somewhat, sir." Cassius said.