26. One push is all it takes

Alina Pov:

My day was spent perpetually crying in the covers of the bed and sulking in different parts of the room. I was frustrated and angry, not knowing how to feel is the worst feeling you could ever have. Stuck between trying to figure out your emotions when they're all jumbled up and wild inside you.

It was hard for me to go to sleep that night, so I stayed up sulking in the corner of the room I was in. Melinda and a few other maids tried to get me out of my room, but the death glare I sent their way had them out my room in no time. I wanted to be alone with my deranged mind and bewildered emotions.

I was still in the bed, the covers wrapped around my body as I silently cried, tears escaping my eyes and rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't even scream or yell, my voice was hoarse from all the crying I did last night and earlier this morning.

Ever since I came here, the only thing I did was cry. There haven't been one day when I didn't shed a tear or overthink things. Sometimes I honestly wonder if my life was destined to be this way.

The sun was slowly starting to go down, but it felt like the day would never come to an end. I would have closed the blinds, so I could sulk in the silence and darkness, but I was too lazy and numb to even move from my spot on the bed.

That changed though, the moment I heard the door of the room open. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and the air in the room changed. I didn't need to look up to know who was in here, because his presence was well-known by now. His scent filled the room, making me enhale inaudibly.

After a few numb seconds, my consiousness came back to me and I jolted out of the bed. In front of me was the one and only asshole himself. He had that dangerous aura, but he seemed happy in a weird way that had me shaking inside from nervousness.

Something about his presence here is telling me that he wanted something from me, and that alone had made me go psychotic.

Some seconds later of silence, I finally found my voice. "What are you doing here?" My tone was laced with coldness and anger, because that's exactly how I felt right at this very moment.

I glared at him with so much force, it felt like my eyes would pop out. He ignored them though, as he started to walk towards me. Catching on to this, I tried my best to put distance between us as I took long strides backwards.

He didn't stop though, Tristan continued to walk forward until I felt my back hit the wall. A groan escaped my mouth as I felt the force of the wall on my back, as well as being annoyed that I was now crowded by Tristan, with nowhere to go.

"I'm here because....." He started speaking, a hint of atrocity in his voice. The way he was speaking gave me a weird feeling that whatever was gonna happen next, wasn't going to be pleasant. Or at least I know it won't be for me.

"Because I need a favor from you, and you will not refuse" Tristan said to me in a threatning manner.

Those few words alone that came out of his mouth, had alert bells ringing in my head. 'After so much hatred he manifested towards me, what could he possibly need from me?' I thought in my head.

"How come you're so sure I won't?" I aksed him, my brows raised furiously.

"Oh, I'm very sure" He gave a dangerous smirk, which disgusted me to the core. I hated him and his ugly but handsome face.

"Handsome, really Alina?!" My subconsiousness scolded me. I mentally facepalmed myself for putting him and the word "Handsome" in the same sentence. What a shame.

I inhaled sharply and averted my attention back on this conversion I was holding with Tristan. His expression gave off a "I-am-the-boss-here-and-you-will-obey-me" look at the same time he was practically warning me with his eyes, "Be-careful-with-you're-next-words-because-they-can-be-fatal-for-you..."