Chapter 14: The Truth (Part 2)

Tristan Pov:

"Speak," I said to him.

He nodded again, and started speaking.

"I did even more digging and I think I have a lead exactly on who's behind it, but it isn't Alina." He told me, catching my undivided attention.

"Well if it isn't Alina, then who is it?" I asked him.

"Well I think we overlooked the Maddox family and we picked up the wrong Maddox heir of George." He replied.

What does he mean by that?

"Care to explain?" I raised my brow in confusion.

"What I mean is, one of George's heirs might be behind it, just not Alina." He said.

I was standing, with my hands stuffed into my pockets. I feel like something's totally off here.

"I am still not getting you Trevor, spill!" I demanded with a hardened tone.

"His only son, Bryson Maddox is working with one of your arch enemies."

"Which one?" I asked.

"Leonard Depraci Verlice," He told me.

That bastard? Leonard used to be one of my closest friends, before he turned on me. He was also one of my business partners, but he took that for granted as well.

I beat the hell out of him, to a pulp to be precise, when I found out. A few years ago, it was declared that he was "dead", but the impossible is somehow always possible huh?

"You sure about that? He hasn't been in the picture for over a decade," I told him.

"I know, I thought he was dead too but there is proof to go with my presumption," Trevor tried to convince me.

I needed actual 100% proof that this was true, because the shock was unreal. I didn't care that he was still alive, I wanted him dead anyway.

I'm shocked he still had the guts to come back around a fuck with what's mine!

"Show me the proof," I demanded from him.

"Here" He passed different files and documents over to me. I took a seat in my chair and looked at them one-by-one.

Every single folder held some information to help prove that he was alive. From communications to actual unseen photos of him, and more.

"How am I supposed to believe that this is after the declaration that he was dead. How do we know this isn't false or a setup?" I looked up at him and asked.

"All the files and documents you are looking at have been confirmed to be after the declaration, and the proof here is real," He explained.

My lips formed into a deep line, my fingers rubbing my temple.

"Positive?" I asked again.

"Yes Sir," Trevor replied.

"Alright then. I will do some digging myself, and figure out the next move." I replied.

Just so he knows, he's playing with fire. And you know what happens when you play with fire? You get burned, and he's only going to be left ashes once I'm done with this fucker.

He should know not to mess with the great Tristan Turner, but he obviously didn't learn his lesson the first time. This time he will though, I will make sure of it.

Nor will I rest knowing he's still living, waiting to try and fuck up my career. Hell no, never happening, not with me, fuck no!

They call me the devil, that I make their life living fucking hell. Well he nor anyone has seen anything yet then. Especially when it comes to my possessions.