Chapter 19: An Unexpected Surprise

I had woken up that morning surprisingly with a clear mind. When I got out of bed, I did my usual morning routine and dressed in the simplest outfit I could find in that wardrobe. It wasn't easy to find though. Most of the clothing in the closet was either too showy or over the top. They were all meant to be worn somewhere important.

Eventually after looking for a while, I almost gave up on looking until my eye caught a shirt that wasn't too outstanding, and jeans. I put them on and walked down the stairs to have breakfast.

I was always used to cooking my own food, whereas now I'm not. I was served bacon, eggs, buttered toast, and a small salad on the side of it. There was more to choose from, but I guess they caught on to my eating habits.

I didn't eat much because I didn't have much of an appetite. This morning, I brought myself to eat something other than a small bite of food.

Once I finished my breakfast, I did my usual. Ever since Tristan left, I found myself enjoying the mansion just a little. I grew fond of its beauty, and the workers here were really nice. Well at least some of them were.

I plopped down on one of the sofas in the huge luxurious living room. The tv was big and shiny, taking up most of the wall space in the room. No doubt it was expensive and impressive.

You could turn on the television with just a voice command, and this was very cool in my opinion. I tried it out a few times and every single time, it felt like I was trying it for the first time.

I was a simple woman though, so I decided to do what every normal person does when they want to turn on the television. Grabbing the remote off the glass table in the middle of the room, I cut on the tv and started watching netflix shows and movies followed by videos and music on youtube.

Hours passed like this, me sitting comfortably on the sofa watching various shows and movies. I hummed, sang and moved to the beats of the music, including laughing at the corny jokes that were made during videos I watched.

To say I was not worrying about anything was completely true at this moment. My mind wasn't thinking about a thing, I was at ease and a bright smile stayed on my face the entire time. When the movie I was watching finally ended, I called the binge watching a day.

I got up from where I was sitting and instantly felt pangs of pain shooting through different parts of my body. Sitting in one spot for hours without stretching caused this, and I mentally scolded myself. I stretched my body and rubbed my muscles to ease my tense body that was hurting.

It wasn't too bad, but it definitely wasn't anywhere close to good. After a while of massaging the places where my body was aching, I walked out the living room.

The day was still bright, and only a few hours passed. My head wasn't thinking about a thing, and I continued to walk in the direction of my room for no absolute reason.

When I closed the door to the bedroom, I laid my body on the bed and sharply inhaled the air around me. That's when something clicked in my head and caused me to shoot up from my spot I was in. I slapped my forehead and let out a loud groan.

How could I forget that this place was still a hellhole for me? I was so busy making myself comfortable that I forgot about my work. Since I came here, I haven't done anything but sulked around. I couldn't even start to comprehend how many days of work I've missed so far.

Guilt rushed through my veins as I completely realized how my boss would react to my absence. Mr. Black would totally kill me when I got back.

I didn't let my boss know about my leave or anything, for my phone was taken and I haven't seen it since the gathering. Not that any of it was my fault, it was entirely Tristan's, but it still wouldn't justify anything.