Chapter 20: Little Girl & Her Brother

Alina Pov:

Never would I have thought that a little girl would be here. Then something in my head snapped.

Who was this little girl and why was she here?

"Hi there!" I waved nervously at her. Her head snapped slightly sideways. "I'm Alina, what's your name?" I asked her in the calmest tone I could speak into. Hopefully she doesn't notice my awkwardness towards seeing her.

"Amberleigh, but you can call me Amber..." The little girl responded in the sweetest voice I've heard.

"What a beautiful name you have Amber," My lips turned upward into a huge smile.

"Thanks, you too Aleana." She returned the smile, showing her beautiful baby teeth.

I ignored the mispronunciation of my name, she was a kid so it was perfectly normal. She was such a cutie, her fluffy rosy cheeks that had small but deep dimples engraved into them.

"It's nice to meet you....do you live here?" I couldn't help but ask her, curiosity killing my senses.

"To you too, and yes..I live here." She said with no nervousness at all. She seemed so comfortable and calm around me that it was shocking.

Most kids would probably be scared to talk to strangers. Amber was not though, and it was really surprising. It made me adore her even more.

I recalled her words that she spoke, and I got shocked with the information she revealed. She lives here? I knew I shouldn't stick my nose in others' business, but I was intrigued to know more about the little girl.

"With whom do you live with?" My brows raised with interest.

"I live with my mom and brother..." She replied casually, pointing at something in the distance.

As she was pointing, she seemed to be trying to show me something. I twisted my head in the direction her finger was pointing towards.

When I turned my head, I saw a garden-like area. There is a pathway that leads towards a transparent door. Around it was plants and flowers neatly placed in different spaces. Another water fountain and statue of a couple was placed exquisitely in the middle of the garden.

The little girl's eyes glinted, along with mines at the beautiful sight of the area. She continued pointing, and something caught my attention.

There was a bench placed beside the door and statue, but what caught my attention was the figure that sat on it. I squinted my eyes a little harder and noticed a small body that belonged to a little boy.

He had wavy jet black hair that fell a little on his face as his head was down, occupied by a device in his hand. The little boy looked a little younger than the girl beside me. I couldn't see the rest of his face, because he was facing downwards.

"That's my little brother, Preston." Amber's face lit up looking at her little brother, showing the adoration she had for him. She seemed like a great big sister.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"He's turning five this year...I'm fourteen months older than him." She replied. I could see how she enthusiated the age gap between her and her brother.

"Oh, that's nice..." I didn't know what else to say besides this.

I wondered who their parents were and if they lived here too. I was sure this was Tristan's mansion, so it was a shocking experience to see kids here.

Then another thought popped into my head.

'If this is Tristan's mansion and these kids live here, what does that mean?' I shouldn't want to know, but I did for some reason.