36. The proposal

Author Pov:

Tristan woke early in the morning, took a shower and dressed himself to go back to Turner Industries. Once he finishing dressing into his 3-piece gray suit with black shoes and fixing his black Rolex on his wrist, he then left the room and to Alina's room.

He was going to take her out for dinner, tonight and spend some time to at least get along. He was trying to be as nice to her as possible. Even though being cold and ruthless was in his blood and veins, he wanted to be better for her. She held something special deep down in his heart whether he'd admit it or not.

She never once showed him love, but somehow he ended up falling for her. He had given her so much heartache and misery the last few months she had been staying with him. When he saw how lifeless she was that day when he brought her to New York, he decided to be better. He knew nothing about gentleness, care or being kind, but he promised that he would try for her. Even if it was the last thing he did.

Tristan opened the door to her room and found she was asleep. He smiled at her and couldn't help but stare at her sleeping form. Her eyes were closed and her hair was strolled all over the pillow she laid on. Her mouth had slightly opened and her cheeks were slightly red.

He noticed every single thing about her, even as she had covered the rest of her body with the covers. All he could utter was a single word filled with genuine honesty, pure adoration and love. "Beautiful."

She was like an angel from the heavens, to come live on earth and unknowingly brighten up the his dark soul. He pushed her down and broke her for no reason, and he was tired of always seeing her with tear filled eyes and venomous blazing eyes, showing the fury and loathe in which she felt for him. He wondered how she would look with sparkling eyes, full of life and happiness, and a huge bright smile.

Thinking of that, he sighed. He was losing his sanity, because of her. Although he really didn't even mind anymore. It was like he accepted she was eventually going to be his downfall. He wanted her anyways and will try with every fiber in his being to make her realize he wasn't who she always saw him as. That he could be better, only for her.

Taking one last glance at her beautiful sun filled face, he left the room and made sure to tell Alina's hired dresser, Lillian, to assist her in what to wear and help her get ready.

"Good Morning, Sir." My driver greeted me and I smiled. "Hello, Derick. How are you this morning?" I asked, in a bright mood unlike others. Maybe it was seeing Alina sleep so peacefully in all her glory, that had my behavior so foreign. I usually responded with a curt nod and straightforward orders, but today was different.

Derrick, my personal driver, had noticed that too, but smiled back and answered in a professional manner. "I am fine, Sir. The time now is six fifty-three. We should leave now.

I nodded in agreement and settled into the back of the sleek black Rolls Royce. The moment I closed the door, he started the car and drove off to my company.

About 40 minutes later, we reach and he parked in the underground entrance. I stepped out and fixed my suit, before going in. I took my personal elevator up to the twelfth floor, where my office is and where I conduct business with fellow associates.

I walked out of the elevator and was met with the chorus of my employees welcoming me back and greeting me with a fearful smile plastered on their faces.

Giving a curt nod as I usually did, I walked down the corridor and took a right to the direction of my office. I opened the transparent door and walked inside to be met with the familiar surroundings of my office.

I would be lying if I said I didn't at least miss my office a tad bit. Sitting down in the leather chair in front of my huge desk, I hung my suit jacket on the holder and looked through a bunch of files laid in front of me on my desk.