40. The flight

Author Pov:

The days went by in a flash and at last, it was finally time to take the jet to Germany. Alina wasn't given the day, but she was somewhat restless and on edge.

Tristan was mentally patting his back for coming up with the great idea, surely hoping that his plan on softening her a little more, would work.

He spent those last few days in doing business before he left. Tristan was always busy, from taking care of any needs which would be required for the trip, and other tendencies he needed to take care of before the two left for germany. Because of that, he rarely saw Alina, though she always stayed in his mind.

He was happy in deciding to bring her along. Then, he'd finally get a little time to spend with her and change Alina's mind on him. She was hellbent in finding things to hate him about. In his mind, bringing Alina and spending some quality time, things that would most likely make her smile, helps him to get in her good side. She would then, not have any excuse to use on why he was a bad person and couldn't have her heart.

If only it were that simple....

*****************

Alina Pov:

I was sleeping peacefully when the sun rays hit my eyes and disrupted my sleep. I groaned and turned over to avoid the light, but it was in no avail now that my eyes saw the light of the day.

Twisting and turning around, I tried to hide my face under the pillow and fall back asleep, but I was already affected by the sun on my eyes.

"Stupid sun. Why'd you have to wake me so early?" I grumbled out loud, sitting up and rubbing my eyes to erase the little exhaustion I could still feel in my eyes.

Yawning, I groaned again and got out of the bed. Grabbing a towel, a simple t-shirt and tights, I went to the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

Sitting my towel and clothing down on the holder, I turned on the cold water of the shower and removed my clothes.

Stepping inside, I cursed myself for taking a shower in cold water today, though I needed it to help me stay awake today. Because I was on edge these past few days, I tended to go to sleep very late and wake up even later. I didn't get much sleep tonight either.

Once I washed my hair and finished in the shower, I quickly dried off and changed into the baggy t-shirt and black tights.

Opening the door of the bathroom, I was walking to the mirror to do something with my hair, when I heard a soft knock on the door.

Turning my head, I permitted the person entry and the same lady from yesterday entered. "Sir has asked me to inform you that you should start packing. He also said to come down for breakfast once you have finished packing." The lady said.

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes and instead, gave the woman a tight lipped smile that didn't reach my eyes. "Thanks for telling me, I will get to it." I said and turned my head back around.

I waited for her to leave the room, and once she finally did, I sighed heavily and went back to doing my hair for today.

My hair was still damp, so I thoroughly blow dried it and styled it in a high ponytail. Getting up, I grabbed the suitcase at the far end corner of the room, and rolled it into the huge closet.

There were only a few normal clothes in this closet, mostly everything extra fancy and professional. I went through everything and had a tough time making a decision on what to pack. I didn't even know how long I was staying or how much to pack.

Sighing, I filled the suitcase with undergarments and the few pair of jeans I found. Going to the other side, I grabbed two blouses, four fancy dresses, two regular t-shirts and a few crop tops which I saw laying at the other side. I also packed a bikini and swimsuit, just in case. Although I don't really think I'd be needing it or going out to the pool while in his presence.