37. A special night, but maybe too special

About ten to fourteen minutes later, they arrived at one of the most expensive and luxurious restaurants which was located in Noho, a residential upper-class neighborhood in Lower Manhattan in the New York City borough of Manhattan.

The driver stopped and parked into a V.I.P parking space. Tristan got out and opened the door to Alina's side, like a gentleman. She didn't accept his hand and got out herself, looking around thoughtfully. It wasn't the first time she has been here, though it was a long time since she stepped foot in this environment.

She was only eight years old when she visited New York with her family because of her father's work. Alina remembered the admiration she had in her eyes looking around the trendy neighborhood.

They walked in and as soon as they were spotted into the restaurant by a worker, they were instantly redirected to their reservation. Laćuïr Jabbõa had over twenty floors. Alina and Tristan, along with the worker had taken the transparent elevator up to the fifteenth floor, where they were reserved.

Alina stood there and looked out of the elevator and at the all the elegant and rich couples, along with men in suits, enjoying their time here. No wonder she was dressed the way she was.

Now thinking about it, if she had dressed herself and wore the most normal attire here, she would feel completely underdressed.

The elevator pinged and the door then opened. They walked out and were gestured to a nice table where they would get enough privacy and space from others, regardless of the fact that nothing would happen between them anyway.

They sat down, opposite of each other and settled across from one another. Just then, they were given several food choices. She had eaten a lot not too long ago, so she wasn't feeling too hungry. She ordered a medium sized plate of lobster frittata and a Golden Opulence Sundae. Tristan ordered a Masa Toro with Caviar, Fresh Tagliolini with butter and white truffles, and a small pizza with Mozzarella di bufala, lobster, and caviar. They also ordered a bottle of rich red wine.

Just as fast as they ordered, a waiter had been bringing them the food on a huge tray. Alina looked around and tried to hide the uncomfortableness she was starting to feel.

She was from a rich family but this wasn't her crowd. Especially when she is being accompanied by Tristan.

Once their food was settled on the table, she dipped her head down and began eating without saying a word to him. She didn't know what to say so she stayed quiet and stuffed her mouth with the nice dish in front of her.

"So..." He looked at her with amusement. "What do you usually do to occupy your time before you came here." He asked curiously.

Tristan had many things he could say to her, but decided not to go to deep in her life. After all, he was nothing to her. Not yet, at least...

Alina cleared her throat and sat her utensil down, looking up to meet his eyes. "Before you made me live with you...I went to work, I read books in my free time and occasionally spoke with my friends."

He looked at her intently and saw the hidden pain behind those words. Alina had never been good at hiding her feelings from him. She was in pain and all because of him.

Tristan sighed and changed the subject, wanting to stay in her good mood. "So, how do you like the food?"

She looked down and took another bite, a soft moan escaping her lips as the food hit her taste buds like a rocket, melting her mouth. "It's tastes wonderful. Thank you." She softly smiled and he swallowed the lump that formed in his throat.

"You're welcome. I am glad you enjoy it." He said and started eating as well, occasionally stealing glances at her while she ate.

Alina felt his gaze on her and it made her shift uncomfortably in her seat. She didn't like his attention on her. Trying not to think much into it, she continued eating.