32. Ready or not, here I go

Two days passed in a blur, and most stressful day of Alina's life had finally showed up. Unable to sleep, Alina had woken up multiple times, waiting for the sun to rise and go down once again.

How much she wished that somehow the day she was scared of the most, which was that exact day, could just be skipped altogether. Unfortunately, it was impossible.

Knowing she wouldn't be able to force herself back to sleep, she decided not to try and just wake up early. Alina got up from the bed and strolled into the bathroom.

She stood inside the shower for a long time, not knowing how long until she heard a knock on the door. The daze she fell into was broken as the familiar voice of Tristan could be heard, even over the water spraying down on her entire body.

Alina quickly retrieved from the bathroom. To her surprise, she found that the sun had already came up while she was letting the tears run down her face and mix with the water which fell on her.

Just as the door opened, Alina turned in the direction with pure horror written on her face. "Don't come in, I'm not presentable." She shouted to him, but it was too late.

Alina had only a thin towel hiding her naked body from him. He wasn't shocked by the least, as he he already saw her in a towel more than once.

"I don't mind. It's not like I haven't seen you in just a towel anyway. Although I would love to see you without anything on, in all your naked glory." He smirked, teasing Alina.

She rolled her eyes and a disturbing look came onto her face. "You're such a dirty minded pervert and manwhore, it's not even funny anymore. Not that it was in the first place though."

He didn't pay her words much heed, because he knew that already. "That I am, indeed. But you know you love me for it.." He tsched, giving her a wink and a slight smirk.

"Please stop, I am really not in the mood today....or any day, okay. Just leave, I'll be ready in a few minutes. Fifteen tops if it helps your case." She walked into the walk in closet and shut the door.

Tristan stood there almost confused as he stared at the walk in closet blankly. His heart and head were at battle between doing what's right for her or what's right for him.

His heart wanted to hold her close and be her saviour, protecting her and giving her nothing but happiness for the rest of their days. He knew that his hearts wishes couldn't come true. They were merely just a dream in which he would eventually have to wake up from.

The day had came when everything between the two of them would become even more complicated and at odds than they already were. She hated him, but what comes after hate's hate. The word 'hate' would then become a complete understatement for her once everything was complete.

Alina looked for the right outfit to wear to go see her family. There was a lot to choose from in the rich look department. Her family had always lived a luxurious and expensive life, except for her.

Without thinking of how her appearance could have a blow in the face or an affect on the family's opinion on her, she went for a dress which was elegant but looked 'very much expensive.

The Orange dress was designed with a Mermaid Scoop Neck Silk-like Satin Sweep Train Split Front and had spaghetti straps at the back. Alina dressed herself into the beautiful dress and paired it with a pair of crystal clear stilleto heels.

She walked out of the closet after a few moments of hesitation, which felt like eternity to Tristan.

Alina wasn't surprised to find Tristan still in the room, comfortably waiting for her as he sat down on the bed. Though, she did wish that he had decided to leave.