54. Panic - (Part 1)

Alina POV:

When I woke up, my dizziness was still there but it was reduced to where I could barely feel it. I was somewhat shivering, and I couldn't tell whether I was hot or cold.

I sat up straight and looked around the room to find Tristan sitting on one of the couches, his head drooping and his eyes closed.

Anyone could notice how uncomfortable the spot was and his posture was horrible. I wanted to say something but then decided not to.

The very second I looked at him, it made me recall that conversation in the car. I couldn't believe how careless he could be.

I had my doubts then when I first saw them, but never would have thought it was true. I tried to make any resemblances between AmberLeigh and Tristan, but found none really except for the nose maybe. Though, Preston shared a lot of the same features with him.

My thoughts ran wild like a marathon as I tried to calm myself. I didn't know how to respond to that.

The fact that he already had two children and hid them from the world, had me doubting him.

Those two little kids most probably didn't even know the truth about their life, only to be hidden away and taken care of through merely a maid.

I didn't ever get a chance to meet the woman, but I felt bad for her for some reason.

I had always thought he wasn't the type to have children at twenty-six. I would have thought he'd have his first at like thirty-eight or around that time.

Even though he supplied them with a place to stay and a woman to take care of them, I still felt like he was doing them wrong. He hadn't even told them that they were his, regardless of whether they sensed it or not.

I remembered every single detail from when I encountered with Amber and her brother. A smile graced my face when I recalled how intelligent she already was.

I wasn't in the least mad with Tristan for already having two children with different mothers, but I was disappointed with how he was choosing to let them grow up.

Now I somewhat understood why he always decided to not answer my questions when it came to them. I knew that he would feel like I would judge him and it would change my perspective on him.

Not that it didn't, because it surely did. Though, it wasn't my place to judge him for anything.

I stared at him and tilted my head to the side. Even with the small frown etched on his face, he looked so beautiful while sleep.

For a little while, I was in disbelief knowing the truth about the two of them, and it made me feel awkward.

I didn't know how to step forward and face him now knowing everything. What he was doing didn't make sense to me and I couldn't possibly be the same around him.

It was a kind gesture to take them both in and let them live in one of his estates, but they were living in oblivion and I felt that was beyond wrong for him to do something like that.

My stomach started to rumble loudly, making me clutch it in pain. I frowned and slowly got up from the bed.

I tiptoed to the door, cautious not to wake Tristan up while doing it. I kept my attention on him as I slowly opened the door.

A little relief filled me when he didn't wake, but he ended up slightly moving. I quickly got out of the room and ran down the stairs taking two at a time.

When I got to the kitchen area, a few maids looked at me with a weird expression. I probably looked like a bag of shit right now, but who cares at this point?