59. The Goodbye Letter | Welcome home | The stranger's help

Author POV:

Tristan woke up early and left to go to Turner Enterprises, leaving Alina at the mansion asleep.

He had no clue what awaited him, but he made sure that he kept security around Alina and a nurse no matter what.

Due to the fact that he put all of his business needs to the side so he could be around Alina more, there was a stack of things that needed to be tended to.

He spent half the day working on opening up new companies and buildings throughout the United states to Germany, with Mr. Sheryari.

While he was busy working on business, Alina had woken up with a new found confidence.

Her mind was completely diverted to the plan. Now that she had decided that she would leave the mansion for the betterment of everyone, she was eager to do it soon. To just get it over with already.

It wasn't easy for her to muster up the courage and alert anyone of her plans, or even show her face outside the bedroom. But she decided to spend her last day as joyful as possible, despite the circumstances.

The first thing she did when she left the room was to go look for Tristan, but found him nowhere.

She went for breakfast and there a maid told her about his whereabouts. Even though she was relieved that she wouldn't have to see him on the same day she planned on leaving, she still wanted to see him. She at least wanted one last 'I love you' with a comforting warm hug.

Alina are her breakfast in silence and spent the day talking with her friend Claire. They had grown closer each and every time they hung out. It was an already unbreakable bond between them, despite the few times they have encountered with each other.

She would also miss her. But she would eventually find a way to make everything right where she can live her own life away from there, but still able to communicate with her new friend.

"So what are you're plans today?" Claire asked Alina with pure curiosity.

Alina knew what she was going to do today, but she obviously couldn't tell Claire. She had to keep it a secret.

"I....I don't know just yet." She told her.

"Well, let's change that...shall we?" Claire asked.

Alina nodded. "Sure. What did you have in mind?" she wanted to spend as much time with her as possible before she left.

"How about....we paint!" She exclaimed loudly.

Alina smiled shyly. "I don't think I can paint anymore. It's been like....so long. Its been years since I've picked up a paintbrush or even touched a canvas."

Claire shrugged. "I haven't always been the best at it. But who's complaining?"

"Fine then." She sighed. "Let's go paint!"

Claire squealed excitedly and they both left the room to go down to the art room.

They painted beautiful pictures and made a fun mess in the process. Once they finished, they both cleaned the entire room up and parted ways.

"See you again, soon?" Claire asked her, making Alina inhale deeply. She knew that it would be the last day she would see her.

"Hmmm." She mumbled and engulfed her into a tight hug. Claire was surprised and very much confused, but nonetheless hugged her back with the same energy.

Once Alina got back upstairs and into the room, she went straight to the wardrobe and picked out a few normal clothes. She packed them in one of the luggages and went to the other side where the shoes laid.