Chapter 22: Unpleasant Greeting

Tristan Pov:

Today was the day I went back to her. Of course she wouldn't be ecstatic about it, but something inside of me was. Even just these few days away from her felt like eternity, because she unintentionally tattooed herself inside my head, heart and soul.

Our work in London was complete, and it was finally time to leave this wonderful place. Me, my bodyguards, and both of my personal assistants took different vehicles to the private jet.

The flight back felt longer than thirteen hours, more like thirty-hundred to be exact. When we finally landed on the airstrip, it didn't take me long to exit the jet.

"I will be riding back alone, take the other vehicles back." I said to my driver and the others.

They nodded, "Yes sir," I heard him say.

My one and only Lamborghini Aventador SVJ was currently waiting for me, and I slid into the driver's seat of the car.

The moment the engine started, I wasted no time driving away at a fast speed. It took me less than ten minutes to arrive back at the mansion, hence I drove swiftly.

The others pulled up behind my car almost five minutes later. I rolled my eyes, realizing how slow they were driving.

I cut off the engine and left the car in the driveway. As I walked towards the entrance, I was drowned with 'hello' and 'welcome back' which I replied to with a simple nod.

Once I walked it, the familiar scent of the home and the aroma of pastries in the kitchen hit my nostrils. I looked thoroughly around the house, and found everything neat like I left it.

There were a few changes I noticed, like how I could tell the living room had been used frequently. I went to my bedroom and took a quick shower, then changed into a more comfortable fit.

The entire time, the only thing that came onto my mind was seeing Alina, but I didn't need anyone to know how eager I was, so I let time pass before I went to see her.

When I felt like enough time had passed, I went straight to her room. I opened the door and looked around, but she wasn't anywhere in the room.

I closed the door back and looked around the house for her. She wasn't anywhere outside, and the halls were pretty much empty besides the maids strolling around.

I stopped one of them and asked where she was. "Where is she?" The lady had understood who I was referring to, and wasted no time to tell me.

"She had left her room a few hours back and went that way. I don't know exactly what she was doing, but she hasn't left since." The woman pointed to the opposite direction of my office.

"Has anyone not listened to me when I specifically ordered them to "watch her" and not just let her go wherever?" A bit of anger coursed into me.

I didn't want her just walking around anywhere in this huge mansion, for her to get lost or find herself somewhere she didn't need to be.

"Yes sir, I- we..." I cut her off with the raise of my hand.

"Don't even bother explaining."

I left her standing in the hallway as I went into the direction she pointed at. Nothing in this part of the mansion was worth staying in unless she went to the library.

That was the first place I looked for her. I fully opened the door and walked in to find myself facing the back of Alina as she drowned herself in whatever book she was reading.

She hadn't noticed I walked in until I cleared my throat, which got her attention because pulled her head out of the book and cocked her head at me.