55. Panic - (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

*****************

Alina POV:

We successfully left the estate and headed our way towards the closest store where they sell pregnancy tests.

I told the driver to wait and rushed inside the store. My feet walked throughout both health and women department in search for one.

My eyes looked at every single shelf, till it spotted the varieties pregnancy tests. I compared each and every one of them, hoping to buy one that was most accurate.

They all proved to be 99% accurate, but I wasn't sure about that. Grabbing two of each one, I threw them in a mini cart. I was about to check out, but then remembered that Tristan doesn't know about me leaving.

Though something inside me said that he most certainly did by now. So I grabbed a handful of unknown items and brought it to the counter where I was checked out.

I always kept a debit card with me, though no one knew that besides me. Therefore, my transactions wouldn't be recorded nor will he really know what I bought.

I got two bags, one full of the unknown items I bought just in case Tristan asked me what I was getting, and then the bag full of these pregnancy tests.

Rushing back to the awaiting car, I slipped inside the backseat and the driver quickly pulled out of the parking lot.

Just before we pulled back into the estate, I hid the bag of pregnancy tests inside my bagged pants so no one would notice a second bag.

The moment we arrived and pulled into the mansions gates, I started to feel anxious.

He stopped the car and nodded. I thanked him for taking a huge risk for me, and scurried my way into the mansion and up the stairs to my room.

Though as I got closer towards the bedroom door, a hand grabbed my arm and I halted my steps.

I turned around to find Tristan looking at me with a seriously suspecting expression. The huge frown was evident to me.

"What did you think you were doing, Alina?" He said in between clenched teeth. I could tell he was trying to keep his composure with me.

I bowed my head down and looked at my feet. He softly but a little firmly grabbed my chin and brought my face up to look at his.

"Just because you're on my soft side and have made a permanent mark on my heart, doesn't mean you will run all over me like this." Tristan said coldly.

I sighed. "I am sorry for leaving without your knowledge and consent. I wasn't thinking and I....I don't know what got into me." I said, hoping he'd buy my lie because I had nothing else convincing to say. Hell, this didn't even sound convincing.

"Do you realize how dangerous that is? Once you leave those gates, anything could happen. And if it weren't for me getting informed of this, I probably would have been still asleep and oblivious to the fact you could possibly be in danger." I could see the distressed look on his face.

"I apologize for doing that and I do understand how unsafe that is. I will not purposefully put myself in danger again." I assured him.

Tristan crossed his arms and looked at me suspiciously. "Tell me one thing...." I gulped and swallowed down the saliva stuck in my throat.

"What was so important that you needed to leave like that?" He asked me with a curiously raised brow.

I gulped again and cleared my throat. "I-uh...nothing. I just don't...know...what got into me. I wasn't thinking clearly. I think it has something to do with these uncontrollable hormones I've been feeling lately." I chuckled slightly to lighten the mood, but it did nothing but make the situation more awkward and suspicious in his eyes.