47. Getting her back - (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I furrowed my brows in frustration and anger. "What do mean, somewhat?"

"Well...we tracked down the license plates on the cars. They had been abandoned closer towards Munich."

I couldn't understand what he meant. It had been around 3-4 hours since Alina had been taken. From Hamburg, it took at least 7 hours to cross Munich.

"Was there any cameras around the cars?" I asked.

After a small pause of silence, he finally answered. "Yes. There was a few men being seen taking another vehicle. I think there was someone else, but the face nor the body was visible."

I thought over it deeply. There were around three other guys who came in the house, along with the chef.

"How many men were displayed on the footage?" I asked him, questionably.

My mind was doing calculations and coming to conclusions. "Uh-one sec."

A few moments later, which felt like centuries, he returned. "About 3 men, not counting the hidden 4th person." He told.

I thought deeply and tried to figure out who the 4th person could be? I knew how Leonard moved. He was most probably trying to play some mind game where everything was so confusing, I wouldn't be able to understand.

The cars which Cassius said they had taken, had been left around the outskirts of Munich, which would take about 5 to 7 hours.

Alina had been abducted an hour or two before that, making it impossible for her to be in Munich, since she hadn't been taken for that long.

Brendan, the chef, had not been seen taking any of the black suv's, instead a totally different color which wasn't shown anywhere near the footage.

Seeing no one else to fit in as the hidden person, I instantly knew who it was. Though, I wanted to be certain it was her before I did anything.

"Can you give a description of the body you couldn't really see? I understand it was barely visible, but if you could notice it was a person, you had to at least seen something.

Again...dreadful silence, before I got my answer. "I could see the arm a little, and a glimpse of the neck."

I racked my brain to think of any special spots Alina had on her body around her arms and neck.

It didn't take me too long, since she was all I thought about 24/7 and I always took advantage of examining her when I could.

Then I remembered. She had a beauty mark on her nape. I had noticed it once when she had her hair styled in a bun.

"Look closely at the footage of the person and tell me if you see any marks around the neck area." I ordered.

He quickly agreed to do so and left me tapping my foot on the floor of the car, impatientally as I waited for him to confirm or deny.

Eventually, he came back and gave me the information that I had been waiting on for minutes.

"Yes. It's not too visible and because of the small strand of hair covering that spot. But if you look close enough, I could notice the tiny faint brown mark on the person's neck." Cassius said in one go.

After he confirmed my thoughts, everything was as clear as day. The hidden extra person was Alina, though they made it look like they were heading to munich to throw us off track.

"What other car did they take?" I asked Cassius.

"It seems to be a Blue Grand Cherokee Jeep and a gray mercedes-maybach." He told.

"Which one was the person you couldn't see, was taken in?"

"The blue one." Cassius replied.

"Alright. Get the license plate on that blue car, its routes, any footages you can of its location and find her. You have 1-2 hours max." I said loudly.

"Yes, sir. I will be calling in the next hour or two to get that information for you." He replied, and I disconnected the call.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, I closed and opened my eyes before bringing the car to a stop in a deserted lot while I grabbed my phone again and made a call out to my private investigator to speed up the process. I just couldn't fucking wait that long.

**************

I had drove the car around tirelessly while I waited for more news on Alina's location.

It would be a bold-face lie if I said I wasn't on the verge of going insane with all this passing time, and nothing much to confirm anything on Alina.

I tried to take my mind off the thought of her being hurt, but every single good memory I cherished, had turned quickly into that dreadful thought about Alina in pain.

My heart was hurting in my chest immensly, and I could feel my eyes starting to brim with water on the sides.

I inhaled and blinked repeadetly until my eyes became clear and void of any emotion.

This was the first time I felt this type of pain. Yes, I have felt pain and hurt before, but not strong enough to make a grown man almost end up in tears.

I looked into the rearview and found my eyes to be bloodshot. Seeing my state, it wouldn't be hard to tell my feelings.

Immediately, I grabbed the pair of dark shades which were sitting in the console. I put them on my face, letting them cover my full-of-emotion eyes.

I continued to refresh my inbox of emails, calls, and messages as I ruffled my already disheveld hair with my other hand.

Suddenly, a call came through the phone and without looking at the caller Id, I answered.

"Speak!" I shouted the moment I answered.

"I didn't foresee you to be the type to answer an unknown call and speak like you were expecting something from them? But we all do surprising things, am I right?" The oddly familiar gruff voice said with amusement and chuckled.

Hearing the person, I immediately knew who was speaking. "Leonard...where the fuck is she?" I yelled so loud, I could swear I saw the glass crack a little.

There was silence on the other end, and I'd think the phone had been somehow disconnected if it weren't for the sound of his calm and collected breathing.

"Oh, you will know...soon." He said abruptly, making my anger and frustration perk to its highest.

"You motherfucker! If you value your sick life, you will tell me where she is. Otherwise, I will come to find her and soon enough, I will find you too and you'll wish to go to hell already. I promise you that!" I yelled again with a harsh tone full of venom, disgust, and most of all...rage.

After I finished yelling, he became quiet for a few moments before bursting out in laughter.

I swear that anything I saw at this moment, would be eliminated due to the pent up anger that was yearning to burst out. I was holding it in though. As long as possible until I could finally take all of it out on that fucker!

"I'm sure you'd do that regardless, seeing how our pasts clashed in the wrong manner. But very well. I will let her go...but only in place of you." He finally said.

"But..." He started again, before I could reply. "I won't make this easy for you. It'll be like a puzzle, old friend.

Tell me, Tristan....do you like putting the pieces together?" He asked in a childish tone, which made him sound even more pathetic than he already was.

"Well, it doesn't matter after all. If you want her back safely, you will have no other choice.

Shall we begin, now?"

TO BE CONTINUED....