𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

•Maya's POV•

A month had gone by since I have joined medical school. In this past month I had gotten closer to Shreya and Veer. Veer is like an older brother too me and Shreya is the sister I never had. They both are so in love with each other and know each other so well. They have had 3 years of a strong relationship. Sometimes I wish me and Adi had this type of relationship but I know it's not possible. Things between us are the same. We barley see each other or talk with each other. I spend most of my day at the college and studying or with Mary aunty, on weekends. And Adi is always at work, even on weekends and comes home late and leaves early. 2 and a half months of this marriage have gone by but there is still no progress in our relationship. There can't be any progress, which Adi cleared out on our wedding night.

•   •   •   •   •

College

I just finished my last class for the day and was waiting for the car. Usually the car is waiting for me before I come out of my classes, but today it hasn't arrived yet. Maybe driver kaka is stuck in traffic.

"Your car hasn't come yet?" Shreya said popping out of no where, with a dull face. "Yup. There is probably lots of traffic." I told her. "Then I'll also wait with you." she said. "It's fine Shreyu. You can go and I think the car will be coming soon anyways." I explained to her. Shreyu is her nickname, which she allows me to call her. "Hush Maya. I'm staying here with you until your car comes. End of discussion." she said in a very bad strict tone, making me laugh. "Let me guess. You and Veer fought so you want him to come apologize too you even though it was your fault. So staying with me is a chance for him to come and apologize." I said slapping her head playfully. "It wasn't my fault! And how did you know?" she said huffing. "I can read your face very well my Shreyu." I said pinching her cheeks, which made her glare at me.

The car still hadn't arrived but Veer did, with a nervous face. "Sorry babe. I didn't mean too say that. Forgive me na." he said pleading. Shreya turned away from him, facing me and said "Maya tell him I don't forgive him and he can leave and go too his 'Natasha'." "Shreyu baby, I told you Natasha is only a friend and nothing else." he said going back and fourth towards the way she faces, making me burst into laughter. "Stop laughing idiot." Shreya said punching my arm lightly. "I ca..n't. Thi..s is too funn..y." I said laughing in the middle. Shreya just stomped her foot on the ground making me and Veer start laughing harder. "Stop laughing!" she said, making us laugh even more.

"Ok but seriously. I'm sorry babyyyyy. Forgive me." Veer said holding his ears. But again Shreya turned away from him. "It's so hard to make girls agree." he said sighing. Shreya was still ignoring him. Veer then grabbed my hand, making me stand by him. "Ok then fine. I'll just take Maya and leave." he said putting his hand around my waist. I was controlling my laughter and looking at what Shreya would do. And finally she turned around. "Your so dumb. Your trying to make me jealous with Maya? She is my best friend and thinks of you as her brother so that was a fail." she said. "Veer, she is right!" I said. "Maya you really had to agree with her! Couldn't you have supported me." he said groaning.

I looked at my side to see if the car had arrived but instead I saw a black expensive looking car. I seen this car somewhere but where? Then it hit me. That's Adi's car! What is he doing here? Shouldn't driver kaka be here. Maybe it's someone else's car because I can't see inside the car due to the black windows and Adi can't be the only one to own this car, right? But I was wrong. The passenger seat window went down showing Adi, staring at me intensely. I took that as a sign for me too leave.