𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

•Maya's POV•

Malhotra Mansion: Bedroom

I was looking at myself in the mirror and saw a gorgeous, but shattered women. I was all ready for tonight's reception. I was wearing a beautiful royal blue lengha, which mumma gave me. It had neat embroidery making it stand out. I was also wearing the jewelry which mumma gave me. My makeup and hair was done by the beautician, beautifully. Light makeup with my hair curled into beach waves.

The whole day passed with me talking with mumma and papa without a glimpse of Adi. I still haven't seen him even though the reception is starting soon. I think he is very busy with his work.

"You are looking so gorgeous, as if a fairy has step foot in our house." mumma said coming inside the room. I gave her a smile and saw her appearance. She was wearing a gorgeous golden saree. "Let's go downstairs before the boys get impatient." she said. Wait does that mean Adi is back home? But I didn't see him and he didn't even come in the room.

Mumma took me downstairs and there I saw Adi standing in all his glory looking dashing in his royal blue tuxedo, talking to papa. He smirked at me making me lower my gaze quickly. Oh shoot, he saw me shamelessly checking him out. What would he be thinking of me now!? Hold on, when did he come and change?

I came out of my trance when mumma said "We should get going now. You both will come in one car and me and Anil will go in the other car, and we will meet you there." Why did I have to be stuck with him and not go with mumma and papa! After saying that they both left leaving us two alone.

• • • • •

He started walking outside so I followed him. The driver opened the car door for us and we sat inside with a huge distance between us. The car was looking so expensive and luxurious. There was a divider between the driver/passenger seats and back seats. The car ride was silent, with him being on his phone and me looking outside the window until he said "I hope you remember everything that happened last night. Like I said don't tell anything to my parents or even let anyone get a hint about us. And at this reception don't embarrass me or my family as I know you aren't used to this luxurious business life." I just nodded and stared outside not wanting him to see my tears that were trying to make their way down. As soon as some left I quickly wiped them.

• • • • •

Reception Hall

The car halted and I heard the side door open. I got out of the car taking it as a hint and saw a elegant hotel in front of me. I followed Adi up to the door, when suddenly he held my hand giving me the same feelings like yesterday when he held my hand.

I was confused on why he held my hand but didn't have much time to think because the doors opened and we both started walking inside. Their were many people here and they all looked as if they were from a high society, making me nervous.

Light romantic music was playing while everyone was looking at as when we were walking down the isle up to the stage. Adi helped me up the stage with a smile showing his dimples, which made my heart flutter. I wish the moment was paused their and it could stay like this forever.

We both sat down and that is when he left my hand, making me miss his warmth.

After that the host announced the party had started and everyone was busy with themselves, talking amongst them and eating/drinking, enjoying the party. I felt someone hold my hand and knew it was Adi because I can never forget this touch. He squeezed my hand and I looked at him confused. He looked at me smiling but said "Smile, don't need others thinking as if something already happened between us. I have a reputation to uphold and don't need it ruined because of you." He left my hand after saying that and I just did as he told.