𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

•Maya's POV•

Penthouse

I was eating breakfast, lost in my thoughts about last night. I had slept in Adi's room last night and when I woke up Adi was still on my lap. I had left his room early without waking him up before he would've woken up. I had also placed two painkillers and water for him. I know that the day after you were drunk you wake up with a bad hangover. I know this because my father used to come home drunk and then yell at me to bring him painkillers because of his headache the next day. Usually Adi has gone to the office before I even wake up but today he is deep asleep due to the alcohol in his system. It was already time for me to go to college and he still wasn't up.

"Bye aunty." I said, grabbing my bag. "Bye beta! Have a good day." she responded. I held the door handle to open the door when another hand was placed over my hand. I looked up and saw Adi. He was ready in work clothes even after being so drunk. Even though he had showered and gotten ready, you could still see the bags and drowsiness under his eyes. I let go of the handle and so did he. I waited for him to open the door but he didn't so again I held the door handle. And again his hand reached the door handle at the same time. This is so awkward! We both let go of it and this time he quickly opened the door.

We walked went out and before I sat inside my car and he sat inside his, we both looked at each other. His eyes were telling me how much he was hurt with Ayesha's act. His eyes even had hatred in them. I don't know if it was for me or Ayesha but his eyes were full of immense hatred. His eyes were also showing some different feeling which I didn't understand. I had seen this same feeling in his eyes many times but never understood it. "We should go or else you'll be late." kaka said. I looked into his eyes once again and then sat inside the car, driving away from him.

I don't think he remembers what he had said yesterday as much I want him to. He was definitely hurt with what Ayesha had done to him. And I want him to forget about all that and continue on with his life. But will he still divorce me?!

• • • • •

A whole week had past since Adi had found out the truth about Ayesha. I could see that he still couldn't get over the fact that Ayesha would do something like that to him as he would come home drunk everyday. He would show he had forgotten about her but I could see he didn't. It hurt me to know that he still had feelings for Ayesha.

I knew he wouldn't come on time today like the past few days. So I thought to go to the park even though it was 7:30 p.m. already. But it's not like Adi's going to be home before I come.

• • • • •

I had gotten ready in a white pishwas that had light embroidery in it in blue. It also had a matching simple dupatta. I was about to open the door when the door opened itself. I got scared for a second but then saw Adi enter. I was shocked seeing him home this early and sober.

"Were you going anywhere?" he asked. I slowly nodded and said "The temple...and park." He didn't say anything for a second which made me think he wouldn't let me go. "I'll take you. Wait here. I'll be back in 5 minutes." he said and went upstairs. I was stupefied when he said that. First he came home early. Second he didn't drink today and was sober. And third and most shocking of all was he said he'll take me without me asking him to. All that consumption of alcohol did something to him!

"Let's go." he said, coming downstairs. He didn't change but was now looking a little bit fresh. I was still shocked that he was really taking me to the park and temple himself. "Let's go already." I came out of my thoughts and quickly nodded, following him to the car.