𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

•Maya's POV•

Malhotra Mansion: Bedroom

I woke up this morning and was very sore. When I opened my eyes I saw I was in a different place, I wasn't in my room. Then that's when it hit me, this was my new room and I got married yesterday. Then suddenly last night's moments came flashing in my mind making my eyes moist.

I looked around and saw Adi's sleeping face towards me making me realize I was on the bed, even though I remember sleeping on the ground. I quickly got off the bed and tried remembering how I reached the bed. I wasn't remembering anything, nothing was coming into my brain except for falling asleep on the hard cold floor. I think I sleep walked to the bed, but I never done that before though. I hope Adi doesn't know I slept on his bed, or else he will get mad.

My eyes widened after seeing the time say 6:20 a.m. Today's my first day after marriage and I am already waking up late. What will mumma and papa think of me!

I quickly but quietly went towards my suitcase and took out a saree mother bought. After grabbing the saree I went to the bathroom and shut the door quietly, trying my best not to wake Adi up.

I noticed today that the bathroom was also huge. My old bathroom was a quarter size of this bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a quick warm shower, which relaxed all my nerves. I am very thankful for the basket that mumma kept for me in the bathroom, which had all the utensils you need in the bathroom. It had a note on it letting me know it was for me and from mumma. 

I changed into the saree which was a maroon red net saree and had golden embroidery designed in it.

I got out of the bathroom quietly and saw Adi still sleeping. He was looking so calm and peaceful in his sleep. I just wish he showed me this side of him last night. But I know Adi is a good man and has a amazing soft heart inside him.

I towel dried my hair in front of the dresser and combed it, letting it open to air dry. I then put on golden earrings that were light, which mother gave to me and which also matched the outfit. I put nothing around my neck because I already had my mangalsutra on, which I am not supposed to take off. I put on some matching golden bangles giving the outfit more pop. And I can't go without wearing my anklets. I also put vermilion in my hair partition showing I am a married women. I looked at the mirror and saw a matured married women who was also broken on the inside.

•   •   •   •   •

It was now 6:53 a.m. so I quickly went downstairs through these big corridors. I went towards the living room hearing talking and saw mumma and papa drinking tea, while papa was reading the newspaper and talking to mumma.  "Good morning. Sorry I am late, it won't happen again." I said lowly and headed towards them to get blessings. I bent down to touch their feet for blessings but they stopped me and papa said "Good morning beta and no need to touch our feet. You are now in this family and also our daughter so there is no need for this, our blessings are always with you." while patting my head giving me blessings. "Good morning and also you don't have to say sorry. It will take time to adjust in this new place and in this house you can wake up whenever you want, there is no time slot you have to get up at. All we want you to do is be comfortable with us and in this house."

I smiled at them and asked "Where is everyone else?" "They all had flights at 4 in the morning so they left. And we didn't want to disturb your guys sleep because you had a tiring day." "Speaking of sleep is Adi still sleeping because he never sleeps this late." papa said. "Yes, he was sleeping when I came downstairs." I said.

"Where is the kitchen? I will cook breakfast quickly for you guys." I said. Mumma smiled and said "We have chefs who cook so you don't need to cook anything ever here, but you need to cook something sweet only today because today's your first day after marriage. It's a ritual called pele rasaoi where the newly wedded bride cooks something sweet for the first time in her new home. Don't worry I will help you." "Mumma you don't need to help, I will call you if I need anything." "Ok, Ram our chef is in the kitchen who will cook breakfast, so if you need help finding stuff ask him or me." mumma said to which I just nodded.