𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

•Maya's POV•

I looked back at the penthouse one last time with tears dropping down my cheekbones. I harshly wiped them with the back of my hand and turned my back towards the penthouse. I took a deep, shaking breath and stepped out of the penthouse...forever.

It was a windy day and was raining heavily. I walked out of the penthouse grounds with the rain hitting me and mixing in with my tears. I tightly secured my hands around my stomach and walked with slow steps. I didn't know where I was going. I had no place to call mine. I didn't want to be anywhere around him or this city. I wanted to be as far as I could be.

I didn't even have a phone to call someone to ask help for. I didn't take anything of his. I did not want him to call me a gold digger after I left. And if I did have a phone, I wouldn't have anyone to call. Everyone is somehow related to him. I was walking blankly. All I knew was I had to keep my baby safe.

I was in daze when I heard car horns behind me. I turned around and saw many cars coming my way. I quickly ran to the other side, off the street. I looked down at my stomach, hoping my baby didn't get hurt. I kept walking straight, looking into nowhere. "Ma'am! Ma'am!" I was to numb to understand or hear anything. I then felt a hand on my wrist, pulling me towards it. I turned around and saw a girl around her early 20s. "Are you okay ma'am? That car was just about to hit you." "Thank you..." I muttered and turned around. "You're getting wet ma'am. Please come underneath that booth." I didn't listen to her and kept walking straight. Then a hand reached my shoulder. "I'm telling you to please leave me alone! Please!" I yelled, frustrated. She came in front of me and said "I feel like something is bothering you. Please tell me if anything is bothering you. I could help you. My mom owns a NGO." I just shook my head and said "I don't need your help. Thank you! Now please leave me alone!"

I then realized how I was acting. I never had acted like this with anyone before. "I..I'm sorry. It's just..sorry." She just nodded and I turned around to go when I saw a telephone booth. I knew who to call. There was only one person who could help me in this. I then sighed knowing I didn't have money. My eyes went towards a lady who was clicking selfies. I ran up to her and said "Miss. Could I please borrow your phone? I just need to make one phone call. Please! It's very important." She slowly nodded and handed me her phone. I dialed his number and just hoped he'd pick up. Please pick up! Please! "Hello?" I closed my eyes in relief and opened them. "Hello!?" "Hello..." I said in a broken voice.

• • • • •

Train Station

I was now sitting at a bus station. It was past evening and soon it would be fully dark. The rain was still hitting the ground while I was sitting in a bench, under the roof. I was still wet with the cold rain so I rubbed my arms, trying to warm myself up. "Beta..are you okay?" I looked over and saw an elderly lady who reminded me a lot of mumma. I quickly wiped away my tears and nodded. "Don't hide your tears beta. Let them fall. You'll feel a lot better." I broke down after hearing her. She rubbed my back, looking at me with worry. "Did anything happen?" I didn't answer and sobbed.

"Did your parents say anything to you? Did you fail your exams? Did you have a fight with your husband?" I averted my gaze from her after the last part. "So you had a fight with your husband. I see." I looked down with tears rolling out of my eyes. "These fights happen between couples beta. It's normal. These fights actually make both your bonds stronger." Not if your husband accuses you. "Aunty...this wasn't a normal fight. I can't...tell you what it was but try to understand." A sob escaped my lips. She lightly nodded and patted my head. "I think you need some alone time. If you need anything please tell me. I'm also going on the same train as you." I nodded and she got up, leaving.