𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

•Aditya's POV•

Malhotra Industries: Aditya's Office

It was early morning, the next day and I was waiting for Sidharth. I know I should be with Maya but this needs to be done, for Maya. She was still asleep on my lap when I woke up. I barley got any sleep and kept thinking about what would've happened if I hadn't reached on time. I didn't wake up Maya because it was early in the morning and she needed rest, so I quietly had left when Mary aunty arrived. I had told Mary aunty she is sick because I don't want her too ask Maya too many questions, which would make her relive those moments.

The door opened, showing Sidharth. "Here. I talked too the police and they said they need Maya's statement on what happened and her signature on this paper afterwards. And as you are the witness you will also need to sign this. Only then that bastard will get a his punishment." Sidharth said and handed me the documents. I signed where I was needed too while saying "I don't think we can get Maya's statement. It will be hell for her if she has to talk about all what happened." "But Adi, she needs to if we want to keep him behind the bars." "I know. I'll talk to her and if she agrees, only then we will." I said to which Sidharth nodded.

Sidharth's phone dinged and when he looked at it he turned on the tv. "What are you-" "Look." The news was forecasting last night's happenings but everything here was made up. My eyes widened seeing how everything wasn't even 1% of the truth that happened. They were saying that Maya was my prostitute and I had told her to seduce him, so I could put false accusations on Ashok because he is my rival and I couldn't see "his success". "It was Ashok's brother. He did this. He made all this shit up." Sidharth said, looking at the screen. "Call the media. At sharp 12 p.m. I will address everything right in front of them. For now I need to go too Maya." I said, heading towards the door.

"What if he gets bailed out." Sidharth said when I was about to leave. "Whatever it takes, do it! Bring the best lawyers, everything. He should stay behind those bars and die every single day, thinking about what he did with Maya." I said gritting my teeth, leaving.

• • • • •

Penthouse

I had just reached home and one police cop was coming, to take Maya's statement but only if she agrees. I went inside and went too find Maya. I looked around and went towards the living room, after not finding her. I saw her in the living room, standing in front of the tv, looking at it. I saw what was playing on the tv and froze in my place. She was watching the same news Sidharth had showed me. I walked over to her quietly and placed a hand on her back. She first flinched but then relaxed, probably knowing it's me.

Her tears were falling down her cheeks like a waterfall. "Maya.." I said and grabbed the remote to turn off the tv, but she stopped me by grabbing my hand. She wiped her tears and continued watching the news. "That's enough!" I said and turned off the tv. "Adi...I never tried to..seduce him. Believe me. He...he harassed me..and tried to ra-" I turned her to look at me and said "Maya I know. I believe you and saw it with my own eyes and if I didn't I would have still supported you." "For now we need to give him the worst punishment possible so he won't even dream to do something like that again. For that you need to give your statement to the police." "But only if your comfortable." I added quickly.

She was looking at me then looked down. "It's fine if you don't want-" "I'll do it." she whispered. I made her look into my eyes and then she said "I'll do it." again. "Are you sure?" I asked, making sure. "Yes.." "I'll be with you throughout the whole process. I won't leave your side." I said. She nodded and then I called the police who was going to take her statement.