𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

•Maya's POV•

The past three days I had spent them happily with Vivaan. We had hung out at our old childhood places and relived our childhood moments. I had forgotten about everything else and awaited for Vivaan to come everyday. He had made me forget about all the bad moments I had experienced before him. It was like this even when I used to go to school. He would take me out after school and make me forget about how mother and father treated me. And mother and father never objected because they never found out and when they did, they would never care as his dad was business partners with my dad.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Maya's Room

I was currently getting ready for a reception that we have to go to. Adi had told me about it yesterday, preparing me. It was a late reception of one of Adi's friends. And Vivaan had important things to do so we didn't have any plans today.

I decided to wear a sage green luchnowi lengha. It had long sleeves with fine luchnowi detail throughout the whole lengha. It came with a matching net dupatta. And I wore some matching golden jewelry and my anklets with it, and did light makeup. I'm not good at doing makeup because I never do it but I tried. I curled my hair into light curls and was all ready.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse

I went downstairs slowly, watching my steps because of the lengha and heels. I adjusted my lengha when I reached down. When I looked up I saw Adi staring at me deeply. He was wearing a grey suit, looking dashing in it. He was still staring at me which made me insecure if I was looking bad. He then muttered something under his breath which I couldn't understand.

I took slow steps towards him but his eyes didn't move off of me. So I let out a fake cough which made him come out of his zone. "What took you so long?! Let's go." he said coldly, going out. Is he serious? He was the one who was staring at me for the past few minutes. Kahdoos!

•   •   •   •   •

Reception Party Hall

We reached the hall where the reception was taking place. It was the afternoon and not the evening time, like it was at our reception. I had followed Adi inside the hall and this reception felt more desi. It still looked as it was for rich people but it did have a desi vibe to it which I liked.

We went towards the couple who I think this reception is for and congratulated them. They looked very good together. And apparently the groom was Adi's college friend and he was marrying his girlfriend from college days. Their relationship is strong even before marriage. I just hope it stays like this even after marriage and doesn't turn out like mine and Adi's. I sometimes envy other couple's relationships like mumma and papa's.

Adi was just talking to random people that I didn't know of. I had no clue about who was who here. Then I saw Sia and Sidharth bhai coming towards us. Thank god they are here! "You are looking gorgeous Maya." Sia said, who was wearing a pastel purple lengha and was looking amazing in. She hugged me and then Sidharth bhai also hugged me saying "How are you? Is this guy who sadly is my friend, troubling you?" Adi scoffed at that and said "You're sad that I'm your friend? Imagine my condition." Before they could start their banter an unexpected someone came. Shreya. I didn't know she was going to come.