𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

•Maya's POV•

Malhotra Mansion: Bedroom

Two weeks had past since Adi was in America for his business trip. I was missing him very badly. I felt bored all day long. I had no college nor anything to study. And Mary aunty has shifted back to her village because of her age and she said her son doesn't want her to work anymore as they now make a good amount of money. I do miss her a lot and sometimes even call her. She was like a mother figure for me.

I also went to Malhotra Mansion a couple of times to meet mumma and papa. They would make me forget about my boredom and entertain me a lot. They insisted on me to stay so that's why I'm here now. I still felt nauseous mainly in the morning and sometimes throughout the day. It was getting serious so I'm starting to think I need to go to the hospital. Adi doesn't know that I'm still sick because I told him I'm all better now as I don't want him to get worried over these little matters. I hadn't even told anyone else either except for Shreya. She kept pushing me to go to the hospital but I'd always change the topic.

I had just came out of the bathroom after showering and was getting ready when I heard a knock on the door. I opened up the door and saw mumma standing there with a huge smile and with two bowls in her hands. "Good morning mummma." I greeted. "Good morning beta." "Mumma I was coming downstairs anyways. I could've had breakfast there." I explained. "I know but I wanted to talk to you alone. So I thought why not let's talk and have breakfast here itself." I nodded with a smile, letting her inside. We both sat on the sofa and she handed me the bowl. I saw it was kheer. I love kheer.

But when the smell of the kheer hit my nostrils I felt nauseous and felt puke coming up my throat. I quickly put the bowl down on the table and covered my mouth with my hand. Mumma was looking at me worry. "What-" I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom, towards the toilet. I sat on the ground and puked into the toilet, feeling better now. I then felt a hand rubbing my back and knew it was mumma. When I finished, I cleaned the toilet and myself up.

I came out of the bathroom and saw mumma standing there, thinking about something deeply. "What are you thinking about mumma?" She looked up at me and asked "How long has been this happening? I mean, how long have you been feeling nauseous?" I was confused but answered "About two weeks now." A sudden smile formed on her lips and she said "So my guess was right!" "Right..?" I asked, very confused. "Maya, I think you're pregnant." My eyes widened after hearing her. "Preg..nant!?" She nodded with a smile and my hands automatically reached my stomach.

A smile broke out onto my lips thinking about me being pregnant. "I'm..pregnant with mine and Adi's kid." I said, still comprehending everything. I started shaking thinking about the past two weeks symptoms and their meaning. "Mumma you're right. The morning sickness is a symptom of pregnancy." My heart was jumping up and down. She cupped my face and said "Maya don't quote me on this yet. You should first get it checked with a doctor." I nodded because I knew it's not always right. I'm a medical student and I've studied this myself. It sometimes could be something else.

"But I might be pregnant! There might be a little baby in my womb." I became excited and started jumping around. "Calm down. If you are pregnant, we don't want to hurt the little baby." I quickly stopped jumping and listened to her. I excitedly hugged her and she hugged me back, laughing. We broke the hug and she said "This was what I was here to talk about. I had a feeling you are pregnant. I wasn't sure if you knew or not but I felt like you were." I confusingly asked "But how?" "Your face. Your face has been glowing more then usual. It looks like a pregnancy glow just like I had. And then you were picky on dinner the past two days. You were craving spicy food like gol gappe. I wasn't fully sure until now. When you told me you have been having morning sickness since the past two weeks, I was sure you're pregnant."