𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

•Maya's POV•

Penthouse: Kitchen

In a blink three weeks of our marriage passed by. Nothing changed between us in these three weeks. In the morning I never saw him because he left to work before I woke up and came back home late, after I slept. I always tried to wait for him but his words play in my mind each time. In this span of three weeks I barley seen any glimpse of Adi. I had nothing to do all day, so I spent most of my time talking with Mary aunty or reading.

Currently I was cooking rajma chawal for dinner because I sent Mary aunty home early, due to her headache. I finished cooking early and went upstairs to the library. While I was reading I had a sudden thought pop up in my mind. I haven't went to the temple or the park longer then a month. I should go tomorrow and anyways I'm free all day long. But first, I need permission from Adi because I don't want anymore drama between us. So I decided that tonight I will stay awake until he comes back from work. And my heart also wants to see him.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Living Room

I was sitting in the living room with the tv turned on, to distract myself from the time. I was staring at the door more then staring at the tv screen. I don't know when so much time passed by or when I fell asleep on the couch.

I heard something drop and I quickly jerked up from my sleep. I looked around and saw Adi picking up the tv remote from the ground. "Sorry..I..umm did you already..eat?" I asked hesitantly adjusting myself, remembering the words he said before. "Um no.." he said. It was so awkward after not talking to each other for three weeks. "I'll go heat the food.." I said to which he nodded.

He went upstairs to probably freshen up and I went to the kitchen excitedly to heat the food. Now you may be asking why am I excited. Well, the answer to that is it's because me and him talked after three weeks and not only that but it was a calm conversation. Not much talking but I'm happy with this too. The hope inside me is brightening.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Dining Room

I was setting up the table when he came downstairs and sat down. I served him the rajma chawal and was about to leave when he made me stop in my steps when he said "Did..you eat?" I shook my head indicating 'no'. He then gestured me to sit down and I did as he said. I then took a plate and put food on it. I saw him take a bite and then only after I took a bite. I can't eat before him for some reason. I have been doing this the past three weeks. I would leave food on the table and when I heard his room door close I would go downstairs to see his empty used dishes, and then eat.

We both ate with an awkward silence around us. I just hoped he didn't dislike the food. After we finished eating I picked up the dishes and by the time I finished, I realized he had already left to his room and I forgot to ask him my question. Stupid Maya!

I went upstairs to his room and stood in-front of his closed door. I was fighting with my brain thinking if I should ask him or I shouldn't. So after all that thinking I knocked on his door, hoping he isn't asleep. He opened the door showing his shirt-less self. His muscular body made my breath hitch. I had forgotten what I came here for.

I heard him clear his throat making me come back to reality. Did he see me checking him out? "I..." the words were stuck in my throat. Can't he just go put a shirt on! It would make this much easier. "I..I wanted to ask if I could go to the temple...and park tomorrow." Phew! "Uh..sure just take the driver with you." he said making me happy. "Thank you!" I said jumping in my place with happiness, not realizing he was still there. I stopped and saw his amused face. "Is that all?" he asked. "Yea..good night." I said. I turned around after saying that knowing he wouldn't say it back. "Good night." I heard and turned around to see a door closing. He said goodnight, TO ME? This day is so amazing!