𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

•Maya's POV•

Penthouse: Maya's Bedroom

Today was the day, the first step towards my dream. My dream to become a doctor. My dream to save lives. My dream that I had to shut down but have a new chance to accomplish.

One week had passed and today was my first day at Mumbai's medical school. Last night I could barley sleep because of my excitement. But I scolded myself and got at least a few hours of sleep.

I got ready in a simple green churidar that had red embroidery in it, with a matching red dupatta. I decided to put my hair in a low ponytail because of how sunny it was. I wore matching jumkhas and of course my anklets, as a blessing from my best friend. I wish my best friend was here to see me, make a step towards my dream.

I heard a knock on the door and opened it, to find a surprise. A handsome Adi was at my door. "I..Good morning." I said stuttering in the beginning because this was the first time he knocked on my door and met me in the morning. I hope he is here to say good luck. "I'm not going to beat around the bush so listen. As I know today is your first day at medical school, I wanted too remind you about not telling anyone about our marriage or it won't be safe and a hazard, because no one knows about this marriage." he said. Oh, so he came here to tell me that. I nodded looking at him, not wanting to make him mad early morning. "So keep that in mind and don't repeat the mistake you made at my office." he said and I just nodded again to that. Silence was filled between us and we were lost looking at each other but then he left. I wish he said good luck at least.

I grabbed my handbag that mumma gifted me, when she came to meet me last week and went downstairs.

•   •   •   •   •

Penthouse: Kitchen

I saw Mary aunty cooking and hugged her from the back. "Good morning aunty!" I said with a smile. "Good morning beta. Looks like someone is happy." she said patting my cheek. "Why wouldn't I be? I finally have a chance too fulfill my dream." I said sitting down on the island chair's. "I am happy for you. So now eat breakfast before you forget to eat like Adi baba." she said shaking her head. So he left already. I took a bite of the paratha she made. I was too excited to even eat but one glare from Mary aunty made me eat the whole thing.

I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:30 a.m. so I needed to leave or would get late on my first day. I grabbed my backpack and bid bye to Mary aunty and was about to leave, when Mary aunty stopped me. "Wait for one minute." she said and ran towards the kitchen again. She came out bringing a bowl with curd and sugar in it. Curd and sugar are a form of good luck. Oh how could I forget. I always remember doing this for everyone but forgot for myself. "Here." she said feeding me it. "Thank you, now bye." I said waving at her, leaving.

•   •   •   •   •

Car

The whole car ride was with me thinking about Adi's words. I know he doesn't want anyone to know about this marriage and I don't mind, but what will I tell people when they see my maang which is filled with vermilion and neck that has my mangalsutra. I thought about that and hid my mangalsutra putting it inside churidar, not taking it off. And wiped away my sindoor to make it lighter. It hurt to do that but I have too, for Adi.

The car stopped and I saw a college with a big open gate and knew it was where my dream would start. "We have arrived. Good luck betiya." driver kaka said. "Thank you kaka." I said. I took a deep breath and grabbed my backpack, slowly stepping out of the car.