𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒

•Maya's POV•

Penthouse: Kitchen

I was helping Mary aunty in the kitchen, making breakfast. Even though she wasn't allowing me, she let me after lot's of pleading and a pair of my puppy eyes. It was the weekend meaning no college!

The landline phone rang and Mary aunty went to go pick it up. "Adi baba want's to talk to you." she told me, coming back in the kitchen. That's new. He has ignored me since the day he came and picked me up from college.

I went out of the kitchen, to the landline and picked it up. "Hello..." I softly said. The other side was dead silent. Is he even there still? "Hi." a deep voice said from the other side, which belongs to Adi. "You wanted...to talk to..me Mary aunty said." "Oh yea, tonight there is a business party. I was going to go alone but mumma found out, so she told me to take you along." he said. I stayed silent, listening too him. A party? I never went too a party before. "Are you there?" he said a bit later. "Ye..yea." I said, realizing I zoned out. "Is that all?" I said, feeling he isn't done yet. "And mumma wants you to come over so you can get ready there. So you can leave whenever you want, with the driver." he said. "Ok." I said, and was excited because I was going to meet mumma and papa. "I'll pick you up from there at 7." he said. "Bye.." I said but he hung up without responding. Kahdoos!

• • • • •

I went back to the kitchen to find breakfast already made. Mary aunty was serving it too me when I told her "I'm going to mumma and papa after breakfast because Adi said there is a party business party tonight. And mumma want's me too get ready there. So I thought I should leave early and spend some time with them." "Great! You and Adi baba will finally go out together!" aunty said excitedly. "Aunty, you can leave whenever because we will arrive late and eat dinner there." I said, taking a bite of the toast. "Don't worry about that just enjoy yourself." she told.

I finished breakfast and was already ready since this morning, so I could leave like this. "Bye aunty, I'll see you tomorrow." I said, hugging her and she hugged me back. "Stay safe. And enjoy yourself tonight!" she said, while I waved bye.

• • • • •

Malhotra Mansion

The car arrived at Malhotra Mansion making my face light up. I got out of the car and went inside with a smile on my face.

The moment I step foot into the house I was greeted with a hug, a motherly hug. I immediately knew who it was so I hugged her back. "I missed you so much mumma." "I missed you even more. I'm mad at Adi for taking you with him." she said making me let out a heart full laugh. We broke the hug when I heard a manly voice say "I missed you the most." I saw papa smiling at us and then I went to hug him. God I missed them so much! "How are you beta?" he asked, breaking the hug. "Good but not as good I would be with you guys." I said, making them smile.

"Is that idiot Adi treating you right? I need to know if someone needs a chapal thrown at them." mumma said making me laugh. "No mumma, he is very kind and nice. He gives me all his spare time and I couldn't ask for anything more." I answered not looking at her, or she would catch the lie. "Good to hear that my son isn't that much of an idiot." mumma responded. "Will you both do all your talking here? Come and sit at least." papa said.

• • • • •

Malhotra Mansion: Living Room