𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

•Maya's POV•

Beach

Vivaan had drove us to the beach where we always used to go. I hadn't came to the beach ever since Vivaan had left because he was the one who brought us and without him it wasn't the best feeling. We were sitting down on the sand in a quiet area and just letting the breeze hit our faces while we caught up on whatever had happened the past 4 years.

"Maya, are you happy?" Vivaan said looking over at me. I looked at him confused on why he is asking that. "Why are you asking that. Of course I'm happy." I told. "Don't lie Maya. Tell me whatever is going on in your marriage life." I can't tell Vivaan the truth or else he'll create an issue over it. "Vivaan stop asking. I'm happy in my married life. Adi takes care of me very well." I said lying and not looking into his eyes. "You can lie to anyone but me. I've known you since we were kids Maya. I know when you are lying. Whenever you lie, you don't look into someone's eyes and look around. So tell me the truth."

I knew I couldn't lie more so I told him everything that happened since Adi and mine's marriage night and how our marriage took place. I controlled myself from crying this time because each time I can't fall weak knowing the truth. "I'm going to fuking kill him! How the hell could he do something to such a sweet person like you." Vivaan said angrily, getting up. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "Maya!" Vivaan groaned. "Don't Maya me. Vivaan we can't change the reality. What's done is now done. After a few months he'll...divorce me and everything..will be over." I stuttered saying the last sentence because I didn't want to say it. One traitorous tear fell down which I wiped away quickly.

"I can't believe you had to go through all this without me. I had even thought to take you to America with me but I knew you wouldn't have agreed. And if I did, nothing like this would've happened. I'm so fucking sorry Maya it's-" "Shut up Vivaan. Nothing is your fault that you have to say sorry for. It's destiny. I've told myself and others that all of this is destiny. Whatever is destined to happen, happens." I explained just how I explained it to Veer and Shreya. "You've always believed in destiny Maya, and always this stupid destiny of yours ends up hurting you and your feelings." He's right. That how it's always been. I had called having no love from my parents, destiny. I had called not being able to fulfill my dream of becoming a doctor before, destiny. I had called getting married to Adi and finding out he doesn't want anything to do with this relationship, destiny.

"Vivaan forget all of this. I want to tell you something." "Which is..?" "Do you remember when mother and father told me I couldn't become a doctor, which was my dream?" I said. "I still remember that up to date. But what does your something have to do with that?" Vivaan said. "Shh. Just listen." He nodded his head and gestured me to speak. "So, Adi has enrolled me into a medical school and I'm currently studying to become a doctor." "Are you serious? I'm so happy for you." Vivaan said with happiness and hugged me. I laughed at his antic and hugged him back. "This so-called husband of yours at least did something good." "Vivaan!" "Ok ok, sorry." he said.

• • • • •

Penthouse

After having dinner Vivaan drove me to the penthouse, as it was getting late. "I have your number and will call you and let you know when I'll come to pick you up." Vivaan said before I exited the car. I nodded and got out the car. "Good night bandari." he said when I was going to close the car door. "Bad night! No need to pick me up tomorrow because I'm not going anywhere with you." I said with annoyance. "Sorry..bandari." he said and burst into laughter. "You! Duffer!" I said and angrily slammed the car door, running inside the house. I wasn't really angry at him and didn't mean anything, and he knows that to. This was how I was with him.