𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

•Maya's POV•

Penthouse: Their Bedroom

I kept tossing and turning around in the bed, not being able to sleep. How could I sleep when I didn't have my pillow with me. My Adi. I felt so uncomfortable. I usually sleep with my head on top of his chest, listening to his heartbeat. But today I didn't have him or his heartbeat with me. I held his pillow and tightly hugged it but it still didn't help me sleep.

Then an idea popped up in my brain. I got up and went towards the closet. I picked up one of Adi's shirts and brought it back to the bed. I put it around the pillow and hugged it. It had Adi's scent in it which felt like he was here. The only thing I was missing now was his heartbeat which I couldn't do anything of. Adi must still be on the plane or might've landed. I don't want to call him as he might be tired.

I groaned and tightly hugged the pillow. I looked over at the picture of Adi which was framed and smiled. I want him next to me so bad. Today is only the first night without him. I still have three weeks to go. I don't know how these weeks will pass.

•   •   •   •   •

I came out of the bathroom and saw my phone ringing. By the time I reached my phone the call ended. I picked up the phone and my eyes widened. 3 missed calls from Adi! I quickly called him back and hoped for him to pick up. I regret taking a shower now! He didn't answer and I groaned. I was about to go towards the dresser when my phone rang again. I quickly picked it up and put it on my ear. I didn't say anything and waited for him to talk. I could hear his breath fanning. None of us said anything for the first minute. "Hello..." he said. I closed my eyes hearing his voice. "Adi..." I whispered. "Maya..." he said. I felt complete after hearing him say my name. I didn't say anything afterwards and just wanted to hear his voice. "Are you there?" I nodded and then realized he can't see me nod. I was about to say yes, when he said "Maya you know I can't see you nod." He knows me so well.

"Adi..." I again said because my words were stuck in my throat. "Maya will you say more then just my name." "Adi...did you eat?" I heard him let out a huge sigh and he said "This is the first thing you're going to say! Wow! And yes I did." I could sense lie in his words. "Don't lie to me Adi. I know you didn't. Why? It hasn't even been more then one day and you're already not taking care of your health. You need to take your health serio-" "Maya hold your horses. Don't scold me. I don't have much time to talk to you because I know you need to leave for college soon. I didn't eat because the food here is nothing compared to your's. I'm missing you handmade food."

I smiled behind the phone and said "But still Adi. You need to eat. And I can talk to you on the way to college if you aren't busy. What are you doing anyways?" I asked. I was packing my bag so I put the phone on speaker. "Right now I'm lying in bed, missing you." I got confused and asked "Shouldn't you be at work?" "Maya there is huge time difference between Mumbai and New York. When it's night here, it's morning there and the opposite when it's opposite." Now I understand.

"Adi when-" All of a sudden I felt nauseous. I quickly put the phone down and ran towards the bathroom. I puked inside the toilet and felt better. And then once again I felt like I had to puke. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks. Finally when I felt better, I washed my mouth and face, going back to the phone. "Maya! Maya!" I ran towards the phone and picked it up. "Sorry Adi." "What happened!?" he asked in a worried tone. "I..I felt nauseous and had to puke." I said. "What!? Since when has this been happening?" he asked. "Since last night." I meekly said. Oh god Maya! You are now dead!

"You should've told me! Maya go to the hospital right now. I can call Sidharth if you want." "No no! Adi. It's okay. It's probably because of the food I had when you took me out. It's fine. I'll take some medicine and will feel a lot better." I explained. "Are you sure?" I nodded and he said "I still can't see you nod." I bit my tongue in realization and hit my head. "Maya I'll call you when it's night time for you. Right now I'm getting a call from my PA." "Ok. Bye Adi. Make sure to eat and sleep on time." "Will do. Bye. Oh and..I love you." I smiled and said "I love you too." "My kiss." I kissed the phone and he said "Hai!" I laughed and cut the call.