𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾

•Maya's POV•

Park

I don't know for how long I was sitting here. I was just sitting there like a statue and staring into no where, repeating the same happenings that happened today over and over again in my head. My tears kept spilling as I kept repeating the happenings in my head. 

I felt a hand on my back and looked over to see the owner of the hand. I saw Sidharth sitting next to me, looking at me with pity in his eyes. I quickly wiped my tears and put on a fake smile. "Oh Sidharth bhai, I didn't expect you to be here." I said, trying to act normal. I called him bhai because I had never called him by his name ever, and he is like a brother to me and elder to me. He raised a finger and placed it on my face. I then realized he wiped the tear away, which I had forgotten to. "Your eyes can't hide your pain away. Your eyes always speak for you." he said. I looked down, as he had found out I was crying.

He made me look at him and asked "Why are you crying Maya?" "I..wasn't-" "Don't lie. As I said, your eyes speak for you. I can see the pain and heartbreak you've gone through, through your eyes. Now tell me what happened?" he said again. "I was..just missing my parents..." I said lying. I couldn't tell him what had happened between me and Adi. "You're lying again. I know it has to do something with Adi. That idiot probably did something, didn't he?" I shook my head no but then broke down into tears, remembering what had happened. "Oh god, Maya. Don't cry." he said and hugged me.

He broke the hug and wiped my tears. "No more crying. I'll beat Adi up for you. But first tell me what had happened." I knew he wouldn't leave this topic until I had told him what had happened, so I narrated to him about all the happenings. About today and the other day. "That bitch. Sorry that I called your husband a bitch but you know he deserves it. Like how could he hurt such a sweet angel like you." Sidharth exclaimed after I told him everything.

"And is that why you got a job at pops cafe?" I looked up at him bewildered. How would he know? Did he see me? "Yes, I did see you. I had gone two days back and saw you serving someone else in the cafe's uniform. I can't believe you have to work at a small cafe even after being Aditya Malhotra's wife." That answered my question. If he knows, he will tell Adi! "Sidharth bhai, please don't tell Adi or else he'll get mad at me again. Please." I pleaded. He looked at me for a second then sighed. "Fine. But Maya, one day he'll find out himself." "I don't know when that 'one day' is. Until then, let it go as it is." I explained. He looked at me and nodded.

"If you don't mind me asking. Did you come here for something and saw me or..?" The question was spinning in my mind. "Actually, last week I had found out he had yelled at you. He was looking pissed of so I had asked him and he told me. I knew he did wrong and his accusation on you was false. I had even told him that. But him being him, he didn't agree with me and said he's right." Why can't he ever see what's right while everyone else can. He always just accuses me with false accusations.

He then continued with "I had known he had hurt you, so I thought to visit you. I didn't get time this whole week because of meetings and finally had time today. I went at a time I knew he wouldn't be home but then I saw him, about to walk out in anger. I knew something had happened. He left and I looked for you in the house and didn't find you. Afterwards I thought he hurt you very badly so you had went somewhere and I knew I had to find you or else I would be stressed out. So I thought to check the temple and park because last time Adi told me he found you here. First I checked the temple and didn't find you there, then came to the park. And over here I found you crying." I smiled at his act that he did for me. He didn't give up after not finding me at the house. He looked for me, just so he could talk to me.

"Thank you. It's hard to believe that you did all that for me. It means a lot to me. A normal person would've just given up and hadn't cared  not finding me. But you looked for me in case if something had happened." I gave him a small smile. "Maya. Do you remember when it was your pele rasaoi and I had said that I also had a gift for you, but will give it when the time came." I nodded. I do remember him saying that after mumma and papa gave me a gift for the completion of my pele rasaoi. "Well the time has come. The gift I had for you is that you'll always have me as your brother. And you already call me your bhai na." I teared up after hearing this and started crying. "What, you don't want to be my sister?" he asked. I nodded saying 'no' meaning I do. He smiled at me and then hugged me. I hugged him back and felt the brotherly love in this hug. "Bhai- Sorry. Can I call you..bhai?" I asked. "That's not even a question. I'd be honored to." he said, smiling.