𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

•Maya's POV•

Business Party Hall: Corridors

I was crying at what happened in this mere amount of time. Adi walked towards me and his eyes softened, looking at me. "Maya..." he said lightly, making me break down into tears. Hot tears were running down my cheeks. He lifted my chin with his hand and wiped my tears. "Shh..it's over. He'll experience hell now." Adi said trying to calm me down. I tightly hugged Adi, crying. Then I felt him hug me back and whisper soothing words in my ear, while rubbing my hair. I broke the hug, hiccuping and looked down, embarrassed. He then took off his coat and placed it around me, covering me. I held the coat close to my chest tightly, as if my life depended on it.

He made me look at him. And when he did, his eyes darkened again. He lifted his hand and was bringing it towards my face and I flinched, thinking he was going to slap me like Ashok. He lightly rubbed my cheek, where Ashok slapped me. "Who did this?" he said. I think he saw the hand prints of when Ashok slapped me. "Maya, who did this?" he said gritting his teeth and looking at me, waiting for an answer. I slowly pointed my shaking hand towards Ashok. In that instant Adi slapped Ashok so hard that the sound of the slap was heard throughout the whole corridor. "You dirty bitch!" Adi yelled and started hitting Ashok again.

Sidharth grabbed Adi and made him stop. "Adi, the law will handle this now. For now, you take Maya home with you and I'll deal with this. The police are on their way." Sidharth said. "Make sure he gets the worst punishment possible." Adi said and looked back at me. "Let's go..." he said grabbing me from the side. I was shaking and when I took a step I would fall, but would be saved because of Adi's hold. I was still in shock because of what happened.

Seeing this Adi picked me up in bridal style and started walking towards the back. One hand went around his neck and the other held the coat tightly. I hid my face in his chest, not wanting to face anyone. My mind wasn't thinking about anything and was stuck on whatever happened before Adi came. The cold outdoor breeze hit my face, making me shiver even more. Then I heard a car and a door open. Adi then placed me inside the passenger seat and left, coming too the driver's seat.

•   •   •   •   •

Car

He was driving silently, with his hands clenched on the steering wheel too the point where his knuckles were turning white. My eyes weren't producing anymore tears because I was in shock. I was blankly staring at my lap, holding on too the coat tightly still, scared about today's events.

It started raining very harshly, out of no where. I love the rain and love to enjoy it, because it gave me peace and happiness. But today it was different. I couldn't breath inside this car and felt suffocated. "Stop...stop the car please. I can't..breath." I said, trying to breath. He looked at me worried and halted the car. I got out of the car quickly and took few steps but fell to the ground, crying my heart out. I was getting drenched in the rain but didn't care about it. I was trying to get rid of that his touch from me with my tears mixing in with the rain.

I then felt a warm pair of arms wrap around me. I knew who it was and lied my head on his chest, crying. "Maya. Shh..everything will be fine. He'll get the worst punishment possible." he cooed in my ear, rubbing my hair. I felt protected in his hold. We stayed like that for a few minutes until he said "Come on. Get inside the car before you catch a cold." He helped me up and helped me sit inside the car.

He started the car and I was looking at my lap, emptily. Then I saw a hand intertwining with my hand. I looked over to see it was Adi's hand, who was looking at me already. He was looking at me with a emotion in his eyes, which I couldn't get. He then started driving, still having our hands connected.