𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

•Maya's POV•

Malhotra Mansion: Kitchen

It was the next day after the reception and I was in deep thought while cooking breakfast. This morning when I woke up I was again on the bed even though I remember sleeping on the ground. I have never experienced this before but since the day I came here, both days I woke up on the bed even though I slept on the ground. How am I sleep walking all of a sudden?

I came out of trance realizing I finished cooking. So I took out the food to the dining room and placed it. Mumma and papa were already sitting there and while I was serving them Adi came and sat down. "Maya even though we love your cooking, I told you that you don't need to cook or do anything here." mumma said. "I like cooking, especially for my loved ones." I explained smiling at her. At last I served Adi and saw him on his phone, like always. "Get off that phone before I throw it outside." mumma said making him shove it in his pockets quickly.

Mumma made me sit down and after we all started eating. "We will leave after breakfast." Adi said. Leave? We? Who is 'we' and where is this 'we' leaving to? Mumma then said "Already? It has been two days since your marriage and you both are already leaving to your penthouse." Hold on, 'we' is Adi and me? "Mom all rituals are completed so I think we can go now. I also need to focus on my work more." I am so confused. "Maya I see the wheels turning in your head. So my idiot son lives alone in a penthouse and now that you both are married and all rituals are completed, you both will now live together in his penthouse. But I didn't know he will take you away this fast." mumma said. Wait! I have to live with HIM alone in a penthouse?

We all finished breakfast when Adi said "Go pack everything, we will leave soon." to which I just nodded. Saying so he left the dining room and so did everyone else. I was trying to help the maids clean up but they didn't let me so I went upstairs slowly, to pack.

•   •   •   •   •

Malhotra Mansion: Bedroom

I went inside the room and grabbed everything that was out of the bag. Packing was easy due to my stuff already being in the bag because I never took it out. I neatly placed everything inside the bag and finished in less then 10 minutes. And one of the servants came and took the bag downstairs to the car.

•   •   •   •   •

Malhotra Mansion

I saw mumma and papa already downstairs with Aditya. He was wearing a brown suit with a white shirt underneath. 'Hot!' I silently went towards them all. Mumma hugged me and I hugged her back. "I got my daughter only two days back and this idiot is already taking her away." mumma said. "I'm going to miss you both. Can't I just stay here with you guys?" I said. "I wish but someone needs to look after this boy now and we will miss you more." papa said. "Maya you can come with the driver because Adi is always drowning himself with work, to meet us. And if this man says anything to you or even makes you cry once, tell me and I will twist his ear until he sheds double of your tears." she said making me chuckle.

They both hugged me one last time. "Now don't make my daughter cry or even sad. Give her all the time she deserves and treat her like a precious gem just as she is." mumma said. "Anything else?" Adi said dramatically. "Just this for now." mumma said.

After we both headed outside towards the car. I sat inside the car on the passenger seat, with a heavy heart.

Few minutes passed but Adi still didn't start the car so I looked over at him to find him already looking at me and leaning towards my face. His face was a few inches from mine and I could feel his breath on my face. I tightly closed my eyes and fisted the sides of my saree. I heard a click and opened my eyes slowly. I saw him sitting back in his place and starting the car. I let go of the breath that I didn't know I was holding. Later I realized he put my seatbelt on, after looking down. I never sat in the front before so I didn't know.