𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

•Aditya's POV•

Car

I let out a loud sigh as I exited the airport into Kolkata. My heart was pounding as if something big was going to happen. I wiped away that feeling and walked towards the car that had came to pick me up. I was here for max 2 days just for the project. I just needed to make sure and and look at the place where we are constructing the building. After that only some documents need to be signed. Then I'll be back in Mumbai in my lonely penthouse. It's not a home anymore. The day Maya stepped foot out of it, it turned into a house. It will become a home once again only if Maya comes back. But that's just if. I have lost hope now.

"Where should I take you?" the driver said. "S.K. Care Center." That is where our building is being instructed. I just needed to look around and then sign the papers right there. All the work will be completed in the next few hours but Sidharth made my PA make it two days. So I'll be spending the rest of the day in the hotel room, working on my laptop. I rested my head on the back of the seat and took out my phone, scrolling though it. I had always had an urge to find Maya but her words in the letter played in my mind. I don't want to show her that I don't love her by looking for her. I never want to disappoint her. I knew I did disappointed her by all that so I don't want to even more.

• • • • •

Care Center

I got out of the car and received a message from my business partners saying they'll be half an hour late. I groaned and put my back against a car. I was looking through my phone when I heard "Hey! Get off of my car!" I looked over and saw a little boy who reminded me of someone. Of Maya and somewhat of me. But how could he be related to us. He looked around 4-5 years old. "This is your car?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. He crossed his hands over his chest and said "Yes! I'm saying na! So it's my car!"

After Maya had left I never felt attached to kids. I never felt attached to anyone but this kid was unknowingly bringing me towards him. "But you're so tiny. How can you drive this car?" He huffed and said "It's my mumma's!" I inwardly smiled at him. I bent down to his height on my knees and asked "What's your name?" "My mumma said I no tell my name to strangers!" He is a very smart boy for his age. He then poked my chest and I narrowed my eyes at him. "My car went under that car! You so big! Help me get it out." He pointed towards my car and I controlled myself from laughing.

"I will help you but what would I get in return?" I asked. "Umm...I'll tell you my name!" he said. This guy would make a great businessman one day. And I thought that was a fair deal so I bent down underneath my car. When I felt an object that was cold, I took it out. It was a little toy car. "Is this-" He ran up to me and grabbed the toy car with a smile. "Thank you!" I smiled at him and asked "Now will you tell me your name?" I was surprised with myself that I was smiling. I never smile now. He nodded with a grin, showing his cute little dimples. "It's-" "Advik! What are you-"

I looked up and I froze seeing her. It was her! My wife! My love! My Maya! I haven't seen her since 5 years. I used to imagine her in front of me but now she was really in front of me. She was looking more beautiful then ever. Her long hair was flowing with the wind. She was wearing a red kurti with a white dupatta. She had a little black bindi in between her eyebrows. She was simple. She was my Maya. "Mumma! Mumma!" That rang in my ears. I then saw that kid hug her. She's...his mom. Does that mean...he's my child..!? All those similarities! Of course! He's my own son!

I slowly got up and she was also frozen. She just kept staring into my eyes while I stared into her's. The same brown orbs which I wanted to drown in for my lifetime. I took slow steps towards her while she just stared at me. I was standing right in front of her and thought she was just my imagination. She winced a bit, making me know she pinched herself and is real. I also pinched myself and she was still there. She isn't my imagination! She's my Maya! "Maya..." "Adi..." we both whispered in unison. It felt so good to hear her call my name after years. "Mumma!" My eyes went towards..our child. "Advik..go inside." Advik. His name is Advik! My son's name is Advik! Advik Malhotra! "But mum-" "Advi, go baby." He let out a groan but listened.